Cheers Mate!

The UK this weekend and I have nothing but good reviews! Seriously, this trip has topped all other countries we've visited - for many reasons. We started in London, England which was probably our least favorite of the cities we visited, but still a good time. I would definitely come back to London, but this is one of those cities you for sure need more than one day to see it all. As far as I know we saw pretty much everything we wanted to, but we were going non stop all day and it was more stressful than enjoyable. Dont get me wrong I still enjoyed my time, but in the future don't try and visit this city in just one day! We started off with a ton of famous beatles and Harry potter sites. The famous Abbey Road and Platform 9 3/4. Super awesome. Im not a Super huge nerd about either, but it was still cool to see these spots. And of course we rode on the famous double decker busses. 


Extra leg room in the emergency exit row! Heck ya






first double decker bus!


This site was so freaking busy! I feel so bad for all the locals that have to use platforms 9 and 10 because this area was so crowded! Some of the other girls wanted to stop by the British Library to see some of the original beatles lyrics or whatever, but they did a bag check to get in so I didnt want to have them search my whole backpack so me and madi stayed outside and had a photoshoot instead haha. 



So I saw the outside of the British Library... who likes books anyways?



We finally started heading into the middle of town to see the big sites. I was way excited to see Big Ben, but to our disappointment, he was under construction. West Minster was beautiful though, oh and so windy. And of course we had to take the tourist pictures by the phone booths. Its actually kind of funny because these ones in the middle of town were literally only being used for pictures, all other phone booths around town were graffitied on and had a ton of stickers all over them and were actually used for calling. 






The wind was seriously ridiculous! I don't even think I actually saw West Minster haha. 



Next stop was Buckingham palace. We walked through this beautiful park right up to the golden gates. The gates were huge and so pretty!


The pretty park. 









Next stop - I told you we hit a lot of things - The London Eye! Super expensive and would not spend the money to do it again, but it was a cool one time thing. Super cool views, but it sucked because you were cramed into these pods with a ton of other people so it was annoying because people would get by the windows and not move for anyone else to see, but hey I can say Ive done it!







This is the view from the very top looking down on West Minster and Big Ben. 



The best thing about having a ton of pictures is I don't really have to write a ton... the pictures pretty much show what we did. So enjoy. 



Oh and if you havent noticed... I'm the selfie taker. Everyone has a job - Madi checks us in to all our flights, Kelsi is the head teacher so she does a ton, Paige books hostels, Izzy figures out maps and where we need to go, Sarah figures out the bus schedule and I take all the selfies. Id say I have a pretty important job. 


The tower bridge was beautiful!





Random chinese place for dinner. Busy day = a good nights sleep. Loved London even though it was a crazy day.  Just the beginning of an amazing weekend. Much love from ENGLAND!

Comments

Popular Posts