Stockholm, Sweden!

Two countries in one weekend? Yup! Once you make your way to Europe, everything is so dang close! So why not?! We woke up in Stockholm sunday morning and headed to our hostel. Our plan was to check in and take a little nap, because non of us felt ready for a full day of exploring, but we weren't able to check in till later that day so we had to buck up and explore the city on very little sleep. I felt actually super good. We had a super good breakfast at this brunch cafe. I got a super good avocado toast with some eggs and it was delicious. Same as everywhere else we've been, we didn't really have a plan, just a few things to see then we just hung out around town. It was actually kinda sunny, but super windy and still super cold. But hey, Ill take some sun. 



Found these little pastries in a cafe. Wasn't quite sure what they were but I sent it anyway and I'm so glad I did! It was a mini lemon cream pie just like great grandma sullivan's pie and it was so dang good. I could've eaten 20!







Hill repeats up this hill for a super pretty view point. 




Stockholm is a beaut from above



We really had a pretty relaxed day in Stockholm. We walked onto three different islands of stockholm which is crazy and once again... a lot of walking. We snuggled up into our hostel pretty early. We took the cheap way and just made ramen for dinner which was 10/10. Guys I was way more tired than I thought I was...I fell asleep at 7:45! It was so nice though. If I'm being real stockholm was like any other european city, but still beautiful. All the cities in europe seem to be the same, but they also usually have one or two things that stick out and make them a little different. Kind of cool. Well we arrived home safely this morning. Successful weekend trip and country number 7! Loving living here on this continent and this experience I get to have. People always tell me how amazing all this looks and really it is. Its a once in a lifetime thing, but there are also a ton of things that are not so awesome. Like night busses, sketchy hostels and my number one thing I hate about it here is everyone smokes! It's the WORST! Well Im back to teaching for the next few days then we're off again to our next destinations! Much love from Sweden!


Comments

  1. Thanks for indulging me with the trip to Thorvaldsen's Christus. I think that's pretty stinking awesome! Dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts