I louvre Paris!!

Ive only really ever heard negative things about Paris... "it's dirty and overrated." Well ok, its dirty and stinky in areas, but what major city isn't? I loved Paris!! It was such a FUN city. So much to see, do and eat!! We got to Paris sunday morning and our first stop was the Louvre! Im not a a huge history/ museum nerd, but this place was amazing! SO much to see and we only hit a couple areas of this huge museum. I wish we could've spent more time here, but we still saw some cool stuff, like the famous Mona Lisa. haha no offense to my friend Mona but she is definitely overrated. I was expecting some cool exhibit with the painting being a good size, but seriously the mona lisa is just a small painting in this huge room...still cool I guess. I did however notice a ton of paintings that I learned about in Humanities a couple semesters ago so shoutout to Professor Buehler! One of my favorite exhibits was the ancient Egypt stuff. We took tons of pictures and maybe made some memes out of the paintings and sculptures (Im 12, I know). OH and warning... so many dang pictures from paris so enjoy:))









thanks humanities!!





Just trying to keep it PG, not really successful though. 



HAHA my excitement in this photo compared to the girl next to me KILLS ME!



REAL MUMMY!! We all loved the Louvre... but we were all super excited for some yummy food and what we got didn't disappoint. I got spaghetti alla carbonara. WOW


My mouth is watering just looking at it. We had to fill our bellies before we headed down to the Paris Catacombs! I had never heard about these until a few weeks ago. My head teacher Kelsi showed us a scary movie about them a few weeks ago - it was terrifying - but we were all so stoked to see them in real life. It was so cool, not scary at all. It was more sad to think about all the bodies (over 6 million) that were lining these tunnels. So many bones and we weren't supposed to touch them, but duh I did. 


First picture: shows how deep we were under the streets of Paris. 
Second picture: me pretending to be scared because the catacombs are apparently the "gate to hell"
A great sunday night activity right? whoops.




Kelsi looks like a demon coming after me lol





Such a fun first day in Paris, but it wasnt over yet! We hadn't seen the Eiffel tower yet so really it hadn't hit me that we were in Paris. But we had to see the tower at night so that was our next stop... We bought some crepes with nutella and walked around the Eiffel tower and it was a dream. 





The crepes were the highlight of my life. 

I recreated shawnees picture and I think this is the greatest set of pictures ever.
 Miss you shawn <3 First day in Paris was one for the books. The second day in Paris was just as amazing, maybe even more.  Started off with the Arc de Triomphe. Boy oh Boy, this thing blew me away. Ive seen pictures of it forever but it is unreal in real life. It is so much bigger than I imagined and I couldn't stop looking at it, it was beautiful! Not to mention the weather was AMAZING while we were in paris! 




Literally risked our lives to take these pictures. Whenever the light would turn red we would bolt out into the street take some shots then bolt back to the sidewalk as the cars were coming towards us. So that fourth picture is an action shot of us running back to safety haha. 


Roomie pics!





The traffic around this memorial was insane! 
I could never drive in Paris... speaking of driving, I am missing my own car so much. Im so over public transport, sheesh! Our next stop was one of the happiest moments of my life. We headed back over to the Eiffel tower and we made a stop at the same crepe place from the night before. I was planning on getting another nutella crepe, but as I was in line the girl in front of me ordered a ham&cheese crepe that looked BOMB! Probably one of the hardest decisions of my life haha but really it was a struggle. Izzy told me to send it and get both of them, so I did. Best decision of the trip... double fisting crepes underneath the Eiffel tower. Wow I would bet all my money that I was the happiest tourist there that day. 


This moment just made the top ten list, for sure. Happy girl. 


sharing my crepe with a birdy




The bad thing about seeing so many cities in one week is that I don't have enough time to realize it actually happened. I have to constantly remind myself where Im at and what Im doing is REAL! Truly, loved every minute of paris, it was a dream!




I also got to try my first macaron here in Paris. 
Yes it was overpriced, but it was oh so good. 


We spent the rest of the afternoon in front of the Notre Dame cathedral. We listened to the bells and rode some scooters around the square. Loved my time here in Paris and I know its an unpopular opinion, but its a pretty awesome city. So many memories...we then hopped on another bus to our next stop. The traveling life is tough - sleeping on busses and airport floors - but its worth it. Much love from FRANCE!


























Comments

Popular Posts