2 HOUR CHURCH!

This week was my last shift of clinicals. Im happy to have it over with, but Im also gonna miss hanging out with all the cute old people every friday morning. 


After clinicals, me and my dad headed to the marathon expo to pick up our race packets and walk around and see the different booths. I then had to go to a quick class then off the pine valley we went.  Every year on the night before the marathon, the runners in our family and sometimes close friends eat food and stay the night in pine valley. It was fun to get to visit with family and relax in pine valley for the night. Wish I could have slept over and ran, but Ill just have to wait till next year. I drove home going about 40 miles an hour because there were cows and deer everywhere! 



Saturday morning I woke up and drove to the marathon finish line. I walked up the course watching the first place runner and all my friends and family run down the marathon course. I walked all the way up to the tuachn turn intersection and waited for dad there. His goal was 3:30ish which would be a 3 minute PR. We ran the last 3 miles together with people cheering and telling us we had 2 hour church. At first dad thought it was a joke but after asking a man on the side of the road if he was lying we learned that the news had come out that morning in the general conference session. Dad must have been pretty pumped because we did pick up the pace a little. I ran with him until down the straightaway  the barriers were put up. I ran off the course and just ran on the opposite side of the barrier. He finished with a PR of 3:30:45. Not too shabby for an "old man."  Next year we'll hit boston qualifying ;) 


We didn't wait around too long at the finish line. We got home, at some food, watched general conference then jumped in the hot tub. 




Saturday night me and mom went to Mad Pita for dinner then watched the women's session. Super good... at least the ones I heard (I may have fallen asleep for a few). After the session, we went to DQ and waited in the drive thru for over 30 minutes for two blizzards. 



Good week and today has been a relaxing sunday filled with conference, food 
and laying around in sweats. My dad sent me this picture and captioned it #conferencesunday







Comments

Popular Posts