USU track meet

The week isn't complete unless the cole family pays a visit, and lucky us we were able to see the cute kiddos a few times this week.  It was Erika's birthday so we babysat the kids monday night. Always a crazy time when they come over, but we love'em. 


I could cuddle him 24/7





Look at those eyes!
This week started to really feel like summer. Yes it has been warmer and school is almost over, but this week me and the girls had the first snow cones of the season!  One of my favorite things about st george is all the snow cone shacks and personally I think they should stay open all year.  After practice on thursday we hit up hokulia and man am I excited to eat those all summer long!


All my teammates are complaining about how hot it is outside, but Im loving it. At work on thursday, during lunch we were all sitting on our stools and somehow we started racing through the hallway.  It was pretty funny and poor Candace hit her head one of the door handles.  Love working with these awesome people. 


To end the week...another track meet. This week we headed up to Logan, Utah. Ive never been north of SLC so I was excited to get to go somewhere new.  The 6 hour drive wasn't even bad.  The drive up north is becoming easier and easier and goes by pretty fast when you drive it every weekend.  Luckily we didn't leave till after lunch on friday so I was able to go to my classes. Around 2 o'clock we loaded up the suburban and started the drive.  We made it to spanish fork and got some ice cream at the red barn. See at dixie, we are very serious about our running haha. The ice cream was delicious and the best part was coach paid!


We partied in the car for another few hours until we made it to logan. First stop was dinner at sizzler.
I got a nice big 10 oz steak with a loaded baked potato and best part... coach paid. I guess running on the team does have some perks. That night in the hotel we stayed up way too late and we were probably way too loud, but we had a good time. We had a dance off, ate more food and talked into the early hours of the morning. Next thing ya know, I was rudely awaken by my alarm at 7:30.  I raced the 1500m around 1pm.  It went better than last week, I improved by about 8 seconds and I felt super good.  I then ran the 800m an hour later and my legs were way tired so I ran super slow, but still a couple seconds faster than last week.  Overall a decent track meet.  I then went on a little cool down to get some extra miles in because at that point I was done racing.  I had taken off my shoes, brushed my hair out and changed into a t-shirt when coached asked me to run the 4x400.  I know Im a terrible athlete and so even though I really really really didn't want to do it and giving him multiple reasons why I shouldn't do it... I said yes.  Im too nice. I immediately regretted my decision. My legs were trashed so I ran a very slow 400 but it was only one lap so whatever.  I then changed back into my comfy t-shirt and took off my shoes and socks for the last time.  I took a dip in the steeplechase pit and had a quick icebath.  Logan even gave us pretty good weather.  Kind of cold in the morning, but perfect racing weather. 


Don't tell the ncaa but sizzler hooked me up big time. 



 I got my XL dsu t-shirt for free from this guy driving a golf cart around campus. 
He made me promise to go to some school dance and I said sure, but I really just wanted the shirt. 






Much needed ice bath. Good for the soul. 
We stopped at cafe rio in Layton and then drove all the way home.  Ross was speeding down the road so we got home pretty quick.  He's a crazy driver, but hey he hasn't killed us yet. Last track meet of the year wasn't too shabby.  Grateful for my scholarship and the ability I have, but Im so excited to get back on the trails!! 



Comments

Popular Posts