Summer lovin'

I know it's not summer yet, but it sure is starting to feel like it. AND I love it!!!! Im officially done with class for the semester and Ive already finished one final.  This week all I have on my to do list is 4 more tests and Im done! So this week we celebrated Jack's birthday and had dinner at buffalo wild wings. Tasty as always. 


Friday I didn't have school or work, which was a nice break so me, mom and dad headed over to Little Valley Elementary for "lunch with loved ones."  We brought jimmy johns sandwiches and had a picnic on the grass with every other family in the little valley area.  My elementary never did anything that cool, but it was fun to eat lunch with jack out in the sun.  We even got free italian ices from Zeppes. Jack went back and stole 5 more so way to go jack-jack, told ya he was a troublemaker. 


Saturday me and a few coworkers drove out to Zion to hike the Grapevine Trail.  Never done this hike before, so Im always down to see a little more of Zion.  The hike started out pretty quick dropping into the canyon and it was pretty sketchy.  Steep, sandy, rocky and a few cactus to keep ya on your toes.  Everyone made it down safely, and surprisingly no one had totally wiped out... yet.  The rest of the trail was pretty much through the river. And there were plenty of wipe outs.  It was about 90 outside, so not too hot but the water felt so good.  It was a bit murky at times and with the hidden slippery rocks quite a few of us found ourselves totally underwater.  Not sure how long the hike was, but at the end there are waterfalls and a big swimming hole and it was awesome! Right as I saw the water I unhooked my pack and dove in. Felt so dang good, and we were the only ones there! I love hidden beauties like this one. We hung out at the waterfall for a bit and ate our snacks, then we headed back. Caught many frogs and saw a lot of fish.  I only had one big scratch at the end of the hike, which is pretty lucky.  Awesome afternoon in zion. 




Grilled cheese falls




I was born to catch frogs and lucky me they were 
EVERYWHERE






After hiking this beaut my phone was lit up by my brothers asking where I was. Well, I promised to take them to pine valley and apparently I was late so as soon as I got home I had barely enough time to pack and we headed back out the door to our lovely summer home.  The definition of summer is spending the weekends in Pine Valley and Im so happy we finally got up there.  We cooked a wells family favorite of Mac n Cheese and spam for dinner.  We hung out with Grandma and Randy out on the back porch as we watched the turkeys fly to their tree for the night.  So fun to watch the huge turkeys fly up through the air and rest on the itty bitty branches.  



And of course we jumped in the hot tub. 


Before we went to bed we watched Spiderman homecoming and had some ice cream. 
We woke up the next morning to some of randy's famous pancakes and bacon.  We went to sacrament meeting in pine valley and the boys were able to help pass the sacrament.  Loved the meeting, but I will say the benches are super uncomfortable. Super fun weekend spent in some of my most favorite places in southern Utah. Now it's time to buckle down and study for finals this week... but here's me and shawnee's ugly snow cone selfie for the week. Enjoy. 


HAHA my face is "the after shock of sour spray"
Gotta love sour spray. 


Comments

Popular Posts