LAS -> LHR

 Summer has been busy and is flying by in the blink of an eye. But the fun didn't end with Hawaii or lake Powell... I had a trip planned with a friend to visit Europe this summer. When my friend had a change of plans, Dad decided to take her place and become my trustee travel buddy (an intimidating role). So within two weeks of our planned leaving date I booked all flights, stays and activities. July 24th after working four nights in a row - I drove to St. George on no sleep. Visited grandma in the hospital, layed out in the pool, ate some dinner and boom we were on our way.


First stop, Vegas. 


Next stop, London!


People say this is my super power and yes in the middle seat. 


And after leaving Vegas around 10pm we arrived in London around 3pm ready to rock and roll for the evening. Hopped on the Elizabeth line to take us into town. 


Checked into our hostel... dad's first ever. Honestly it was pretty terrible. It was super hot and I didn't sleep much, but that's what ya get when ya book hostels. It's definitely risky. 


Our only plans for the night was this. Stranger Things The First Shadow play. I had only heard about it maybe a month earlier from Jesse. Seeing that we bought tickets to London, I figured it would be a fun way to spend the evening before shipping out to the next place the next morning. I thought we would have more time to show dad around London before the play, but getting through the airport and into town took longer than planned so just the play for the night. 


It was a pretty epic play. I think one of the coolest parts was how intense it was for being a live play. Im not a play fanatic, but the effects in this play were awesome. It was all about how Vecna came to be and it took place in the highschool scene of the parents. 


Dad was getting a little dozy during the second half of the play which made falling asleep in our hostel easy for him (and Im glad about that). Well a typical long travel day and immediately doing stuff as soon as we landed...


followed with an early start to the next morning to catch the next flight. 


I think my face says it all, but as always stoked to get to the next place! 

Comments

Popular Posts