Service, Spam and Swimming

Now that school is back in full swing, my weeks are filled with homework, studying and tests. yay. Even my weekends get backed up with homework and tests, but sometimes ya gotta put off school for a little bit to party with your friends... Friday night me and the girls (aka "college friends" or "running friends") played a little sand volleyball. It lasted about 3.5 minutes and then we decided there wasn't enough of us and we sucked. So instead we went to the dollar store to pick up some birthday treats/movie treats for isabelle. We raided the dollar store, got all the good stuff and even picked up a fun little tattoo. haha. We ate our candy and I was the lucky one to get this beautiful little tattoo... yes, I now have a tramp stamp. #proud. Ya never know whats gonna happen when us girls hang out, we definitely know how to spice up a boring friday night. 




The next morning I woke up at 4:15 to drive my marathon team up the course. I dropped off dad, troy and nick at the starting line and they crushed a good 20 miles. I was super jealous, but Im just hoping to get back running this week. Later that morning, I met up with the DSU service club. Me and a bunch of friends are in this club and we got the opportunity to go clean up Lil Jamaica. We drove down about 5 minutes past the gorge and as we pulled up into the parking lot of this place it was filled with trash. There was actually a man with a trash bag who told us that the city was planning on shutting it down because the trash has gotten out of hand.  I told him we were here to clean it up and he was soo excited about it. So we got our trash bags and starting picking up the hundreds of beer bottles and soda cans. It was crazy, but with just an hour and a half later the place looked 10x better than it had. It was awesome. 




We found this beaut hiding in the bushes. Also it was about 1200 degrees outside and we were all sweating buckets within the first 2 minutes. We gathered around 20 bags full of garbage, ate lunch and headed home. As soon as I got home the girls came over for some good Mac'n Spam and swimming. I've said it once and Ill keep saying it... Im changing the world one spam can at a time. 





Nothing better than a nice afternoon spent in the pool. 


Happy birthday Isabelle!!


That night I was planning on getting some homework done and going to bed because I was EXHAUSTED! but instead I went bowling with a bunch of awesome people. Some old friends and new friends. One of my favorite things about college  is being able to meet and hang out with so many new people. So much fun and I didn't bowl too terribly. I got to ride the saddle twice which is always fun. We made a bet that the top 5 people got to throw whip cream into the bottom 5 people's faces. So after the games we headed on over to wally mart and bought some whip cream. I was luckily one of the top 5 people - holla - but everyone ended up smothering each other in whip cream anyways. Super fun night.


Never had so many chins in my life...


Peace and love from slayjay and chawnbomb. 


Comments

Popular Posts