Labor day initiation

This week has been a pretty busy week of school. This semester is definitely giving me a run for my money... busy, but I like busy. I still had time to hang out with friends. Me and a friend from hefy grabbed dinner and hung out. It was good to catch up with her and reminisce about our awesome trip. This week was one of those weeks where I was constantly looking at my to do list and crossing things off the list, which is the best feeling in the world. Friday night I got a bunch of stuff done and finished up the night in the hottub with jack. We jammed to music, jumped in the pool and had quite a few otter pops. 



Saturday morning I woke up and tried to go for a run... marathon training is kicking my butt at the moment. I was feeling super good, motivated and ready to kick butt until about last week when my feet started hurting. Ive been running for quite a few years now and I feel like I've had just about every injury in the book, except foot pain. The bottoms of my feet hurt to run, walk or even if Im just chilling... they hurt! so I ran 4 miles saturday morning and called it good. Later that day I met up with the schimmys.  Super last minute, but they invited me to their cabin for the weekend. So I threw some stuff together and headed up the mountain. On the way up, Shawnee warned me about what to expect... no electricity, lots of family (and dogs), and we were all sleeping in the same room. That's right... all 22 of us sleeping on mats in the loft. It was quite the experience, but you could say after this weekend I was officially adopted into the schimbeck/bradshaw family. We spent lots of time eating good food, relaxing in our hammocks, talking with the fam, doing some homework and playing lots and lots of cards. Ive never seen a family play so many games of cards in my life... we would finish an hour and a half game of rummy and they would start shuffling the cards for another game. Crazy. I loved every minute of it though. They reminded me a lot of my family so I felt right at home. 


On our way up we decided to help out this hitchhiker who had just barely finished the subway. He was a guy from michigan and said that the subway was his new favorite hike. Love it. Cross that off the bucket list ✓



"welcome to mah crib"



our late night selfie right before the generator was turned off and the cabin went dark. As soon as people started going to bed it was race between everyone and aaron to see who could fall asleep the fastest. If aaron won... you knew you were in for a long night. 


homeworking in our matching hammocks. 




Found a field of these flowers and had to stop. Zion is freaking amazing. 






Successful weekend with my second fam.  After a nice weekend of no service or stresses, I'm for sure looking forward to school tomorrow!! 


Comments

Popular Posts