Ironman mom?

I feel like this week has lasted an entire month!  so much has happened the last few days and I feel like even yesterday was forever ago. SO to start off the week, I finished up all my finals and good news I passed all my classes with A's wootwoot!  funny story though.... so in humanities I was at a 94% before the final.  Just like any other student, I figured out that I had to get at least a 64% on the final to get an A in the class.  Well I figured no biggie, a 64 was going to be easy.  So I looked over the study guide the morning before the test and I figured that was good.  Once I got the test I was wishing I wouldve studied.  I only understood some of the questions so I counted up how many questions I knew I was going to get right which added up to just under 50% of the test.  At that point I was praying I could guess right on another 14% of the questions. Later that day scores were posted and to my wonderful surprise I somehow cranked out a 76 on my test.  Ive never been so proud to get a C before. This semester wraps up all my generals THANK GOODNESS!!! Even though I was super excited for the semester to be over with, I was sad to say goodbye to my friends for the summer!  We had our last hoorah on monday night.  We had dinner at our usual... The habit and then messed around. Already missing the girls, but it'll be a freaking awesome reunion next fall!!


Later in the week me and mom went to the doctors for some shots!! and our arm was dead all week.  Traci and her fam moved down here on Tuesday so we had some pizza and helped the fam move into a nice house in bloomington! I love living by family and Im so happy to have them finally live close!


Mae named our little buddy "Mr. Square" 


Friday morning I headed over to my neighbors house to watch the kids while the parents are partying in Israel.  I just helped the grandparents out this past weekend, but it was my first big "nannying" job.  Good experience. For the most part it went smooth. Most the kids are old enough to take care of themselves, but the littlest boy gave me a run for my money.  In the end everyone is still alive so I guess I did ok right?  So I hung out with the kids all day friday to saturday morning.  Grandma Mcarthur took the kids to cousins and dance rehearsal so that I could go run the Ironman. Then I came back late saturday afternoon and watched the kids till sunday afternoon. The scariest thing was Sacrament meeting.  There was a few minutes of a tantrum, but for the most part it went well.  Luckily our ward has a bunch of kids, so it's always loud... hopefully no one heard my little one tell his older sister "I hate you, i wanna kill you" ya that wasn't good. hahah. Oh well I made it through and it has definitely opened my eyes to how hard being a mom can be.  I felt like I was constantly cleaning up a mess, or a diaper, or making food, or trying to make the kids happy and trying not to lose my mind  all at the same time.  Hard work.  And lucky me I got paid, real moms don't get a cent. Good job moms, you guys are awesome.


We had to feed the horses, chickens, pigeons and guinea pig each night. Kinda fun.  On the other hand, they also had a dog, not so fun. Lets just say.... I will NEVER own a dog. Ever. 


We untangled one of the chickens from some rope. Poor earl. 


We're all happy here because we are on our way to chick-fil-a. 
So Im still excited to be a mom just not anytime soon!! BUT I am ready to complete an ironman by myself.  This weekend I had some help with my relay partners to take care of the bike and swim.  It was super fun.  This is the fourth year my dad has done the Ironman and this is only my first time ever being able to watch him.  Sadly, the past few years ironman weekend has always been the same weekend as the byu track meet.  Well I didn't just watch him this year, but I got to compete with him... in the run. I was in the relay pit with all the pro runners of stg when dad came into T2. So I went over to his bike and got to talk with him while he transitioned. And in just a few minutes he was running out the gate.  Lacey Davis was my relay partner on the bike and she came in about 10 minutes behind my dad. She passed the anklet chip over to me and I was off.  I felt super good and I was so excited to pass my family and catch up with my dad. The family was cheering on grandmas lawn.  I smiled and waved but kept going. I caught dad at the bottom of mile 4. Somewhat dying at this point. I ran with him for 2 seconds before he told me to keep going.  I slowly kept going and no joke those miles on top of the Dixie are the worst. The aid stations were the only things keeping me going.  Around mile 7-8 there's the last big hill and everyone was walking.  I didn't ever walk, but I was probably going just as slow.  There was a point where I thought for sure my dad was going to catch me.  Well, I had a goal of 1:40 but at this point my goal was to not pass out and die of heat exhaustion/ dehydration.  I accomplished that goal, but barely ahah. Going down diagonal the last 1-2 miles I felt decent because I knew I was almost done, but my feet were on fire. I ended up finishing 1:45 and averaging about an 8 minute mile. Not too shabby. Dad was the real winner here though.  He PR'd overall by 20 minutes!!! That is completely insane.  He hit both his goals of sub 3 on the bike (2:55) and sub 2 on the run (1:57).  Hopefully one day I can do all that, but I don't know he definitely crushed it. Way to go dad. #proud


Check-in day. 


So hot outside, I actually enjoyed this. 



Driving home post race. We were pooped. 


When we got home our favorite little people were swimming in our pool.  So we made some good food and hopped in and enjoyed a nice sunny afternoon.  


mini me?



Taytum loved using the "underwater camera" 
I swam for about an hour before I had to head back over to babysit for the evening. Fun, tiring, hot, crazy weekend.  Now time to head back to school... wish me luck. 


Comments

Popular Posts