National Park Trippin' Day 1

Living in Utah, there are so many things to see and do.  Ive lived here for six and a half years now and I feel like its about time I start seeing all the amazing places this state holds.  My dad has taught me a lot about zion so I would say Im super familiar with that NP.  I recently visited Grand Canyon (not in utah, but close enough) so I've at least seen it.  Same with Bryce Canyon... Next on my list was a couple national parks near Moab Utah. First one we visited was Canyonlands.  Me and the girls woke up early on New Years Day and started the drive around 7 am. We had packed our bags, snacks and a bunch of warm clothes.  Stopped a couple times for gas and potty breaks, but soon enough we were driving through Canyonlands National Park.  There was a slight dusting of snow on the rocks which made it even more amazing.  Ive been looking up all the details about this trip for awhile and I was so excited to see Mesa Arch. Oh and by the way it was free admission into the park so that was a nice surprise. First stop was Mesa Arch.  Short quick hike to one of the coolest things Ive ever seen.  The arch is so close you can literally touch it.  I actually really wanted to walk on it, but Lex saw the sign that said it wasn't allowed, darn it.  





Such a cool little arch, could've hung out there all day.  We hit a couple "scenic views" along the road and just hung out and messed around.




Me dancing in the middle of the street.


Most reliable shoes out there.


Shawnee says I look like a spider because of my leg. haha. 




Me and shawn were singing a duet to the song summer nights by grease... using the go pro as a microphone.  Great song, great movie. 




Next stop was the "Grand Viewpoint" and boy was it grand. One of my favorite things is to see the people at National Parks.  At the Grand Viewpoint there was a group of old people and from their accents, they weren't from america but they were having a little picnic with crackers and cheese and it looked like so much fun!  My goal is to be like that when Im older. 






Spent some time just relaxing and enjoying the view.



Such a fun first day and Canyonlands was for sure worth the drive. 


Our cute road trip car for these couple days. After Canyonlands we checked in to our hotel then went looking for somewhere to eat.  



Aaron was kind enough to give us a nice big hundy to treat ourselves for dinner.  We ate at the Moab Grill and Im pretty sure they had a total of 2 workers so it took awhile to get our food but it was dang good.  We got carne asada fries as an appetizer, then I got a chicken strip basket and mac and cheese, and then we ordered a nice, big 10 dollar slice of chocolate cake.  I would say we definitely treated ourselves.  We went to bed pretty early because we had another long day ahead of us. 

Comments

Popular Posts