Good Friends are Important.

Over the years, Ive learned quite a few things like...
how to deal with brothers, where my mom hides the candy, remembering to set 14 alarms to wake up in the morning and so forth, but I would say one super important thing I've learned is to surround yourself with positive people.  I am very fortunate to live at home with my awesome family and nearby my extended family.  I also have cool friends that I love spending time and making memories with.  This week I spent a lot of quality time with these people and it was awesome. 
To start off the week Erika and the kids paid us a visit and of course brought us some marvelous cupcakes.  Later in the week, they came back over for a Fitness Marshall dance party/ workout night. 
45 minutes of pure fitness marshall and it was great.  


This is seth's consequence for stealing my phone sunday night.
Seth has always loved a good #selfiesunday


Love this little one. 
Monday night me and the gals hit up FHE. Free pizza, like always, and a good game of sardines around the church. It was super funny because we played with no lights so it was kind of scary and after a few games me, Billie and Isabelle decided to just start scaring people and we had some good scares.  We found this sketch janitors closet where isabelle hid behind the door, billie behind the trash can and I hid in this shower thing. We had the plan of making little noises like sniffing our noises so that people would think the sardine people were hiding in the closet.  I wish I could post videos because we got a few super good scares.  People would curiously look in the closet and then billie would push the trash can at them, then they would scream almost bad words.  It was great.  
Wednesday.  You could ask any one of my teammates, none of us were too excited about Wednesday. First day of track practice.  Overall, no one has ran over the break so we were dreading this day but i think deep (super deep) down, we were all excited to start training again and hanging out.  Wednesday was also our first day of weights.  Lucky us.  I was personally dreading weights because last season we had a super rude, mean, meathead trainer guy who drove me crazy, but to my surprise weights was actually way fun!  The mean trainer wasn't there and we were able to just lift and mess around.  I am super excited for this season and so ready to start racing. 
Wednesday night there was a hypnotist that came to the college so me and the girls went and watched.  It was about a three hour long show but it was awesome.  He made the volunteers dance around like lady gaga, sing to Bye Bye Bye, sit on a random audience members lap and act like a baby, think they were being shocked and a bunch of other things.  It was hilarious. 
Friday night me and the college gals hung out.  Erin has never been up to the D so we hiked around up there for awhile and actually found this rock that said "Fab 5" so we were like "Hey that's us!"



Earlier that day, Matthew had invited me to go night climbing that night so after the D, we headed over to chuckwalla and I introduced them to the art of rock climbing.  It was kinda fun to see my cute little high school xc friends meeting my cool college xc friends. fun times.  Erin crushed it and got up the wall pretty quick.  After I went, Isabelle tried it and didn't quite make it up but hey she still tried so Im proud of her. 
Saturday me shawn and lex had some big plans, but we woke up to a rainy day so we had to push those plans for a later date.  Instead we hit up Peppers for lunch and then painted fancy birdhouses all afternoon. 


Ive never seen a veggie fajita result in so much joy. 


Don't worry grandma, Ill be delivering this birdhouse to you asap.
We painted all afternoon and took a quick break to visit lex at work.  We aren't master painters but both our houses look pretty dang good. Finished off the night with my college friends watching my favorite movie ever: Grease. 



Comments

Popular Posts