Leftovers save lives.

Looking back on this week I feel like it was a normal week but I also feel like it was a wild, crazy fun week so maybe that makes sense maybe it doesn't.  Just like any other week, me and the girls hit up FHE.  This week was free tacos and laser tag at laser mania.  One thing I've learned after a semester or so of college is if free food is involved everyone will come.  Our bishopric has definitely taken note of this and you better believe at every activity there is either pizza, tacos, burgers, cookies, ice cream, you name it they bring it.  Seriously.  In church today one of the counselors asked what food we wanted him to bring for FHE tomorrow and I would bet he will bring everything that was mentioned. They also force you to take home any leftovers... anyways, laser tag was fun, but Im pretty sure our guns were defective because Transformer, Scorpion and Ninja got dead last. Oh well, Red team still won!




White teeth and super bad spray tans :)
Wednesday after practice some of the gals wanted a burger so we headed to Habit. We stopped by target to waste some time on the way home (more like hiding from all the homework and studying). As we were about to drop Erin off at her apartment, Morgan, her roommate and our teammate was getting picked up for a "run" with a cute boy so what do a group of supportive awesome teammates do?! Thats right, we followed them. haha.  Super pathetic, I know, but we really didn't want to go home and do homework so why not?  We also ran into them again on friday night, but long story short he may or may not be a butthead so more updates to come.


Izza finishing a nice big burger in target. 


Saturday was pretty hectic. Drew and some friends took their prom dates up to brianhead for tubing and snowmobiling while the rest of the family cleaned in preparation for dinner. Mom had to cook a couple roasts for the kids, pack for vacation and dad was able to visit grandma and run some other errands. Crazy morning, but the house looked dang good for drew and his friends.  To take a break from cleaning me and my friends headed up to Cedar for a little bit to mess around.  We stopped by the DI where I picked up a couple things and Billie and Isabelle tried on some super cute wedding dresses. Hint hint?  I also wanted to check out the music store there and it was so cool. Walking through that place made me want a record player so bad.  I found some good good albums but until I buy me a record player Ill just take pictures of them. 


That night I came home and helped my mom with the Jr. Prom dinner.  Took me back to the good ole days. Just kidding.  Loved  HS dances but I definitely don't miss the day dates or the stresses of getting ready and buying dresses and flowers and ya.  So glad I never have to do that again.  The best part of having the dinner at our house was all the leftover food that we got to eat.  Thanks for the delicious mashed potatoes preston. We actually had so many leftovers that we invited my cheap, starving college friends to come over for a nice fancy dinner.  They were pretty pumped.  Im telling ya, free food is the way to any college kids heart. 









And when I say "cheap, starving students" I mean it.  Billie's goal was to make it to February without having to buy groceries.  So instead of giving in, she ate 7 oranges and had erin make her a sandwich.   Thank goodness for leftovers.  After dinner we were stuffed so we let our food settle while we watched pitch perfect.  I feel like Im a fairly busy person with school, work, running etc. but surprisingly I don't feel busy at all.  Im so glad Im still able to enjoy free time and hanging out with friends.  Not sure how Im so lucky, but life's great.  This next week will probably get a little more hectic with my parents leaving -- party at my house?-- but they deserve a break and it's fun every once in awhile to be "the mom"
Peace out till next week ☺ 


Comments

Popular Posts