Workin' week.

 So it seems as though right now I work one week and then have fun the next whether that be going to st. george or leaving the country... but sadly this was my work week so here is a boring blog. Sorry, but someone's gotta pay the bills around here. 


Me taking a pee break. This particular day I was toast. I had three patients - two being independent and not super needy (but still needed attention especially when discharging) and one being very very needy. He wasnt constantly ringing his call light or anything, he was just not capable of doing anything himself. 90 year old male brought to the hospital with confusion, dehydration and a bunch of other things leading to the diagnosis of "failure to thrive". Oh also he was covid positive. So gowning up all day long and having the imprint of the N95 mask on my face. I spent hours feeding him, cleaning him up, shaving him, turning him in bed and right when everything is done its just about time to do it all over again. Dont get me wrong - I actually really enjoyed having this patient. I had him all four days and he did improve a little bit, but just super exhausting especially wearing all the PPE and doing all these tasks - at some points I swear I was gonna pass out because I was so hot. So ya this is me taking my first pee break of the day which I believe was around 3pm. OH also I had to call a rapid response on this guy because he went unresponsive. Chest still moving and pulse was fine - pretty sure just bad orthostatic BP and it dropped due to him sitting up straight in a wheelchair for too long. Anyways - overall good work week though. 


Haha I really shouldn't put this picture on here, but I don't have many pics from this week so why not. Bed head. I had some good bed head this week and took this beautiful picture at 5:30 am to prove it. 


This week I made the goal to start running every day after work. I don't get home till about 8:15pm so its tough, but its always worth it. Nothing crazy - just about 3 miles each night. It definitely has made my legs dead the next day at work, but it makes going to bed each night even more rewarding. 


Saturday morning I took my last final of my Bachelors program! And then I headed to the bonneville shoreline trail to celebrate. 6 miles running/ walking - didnt know I would run into such bad mud to slow my down, but thats ok. I was just happy to be outside enjoying some good weather finally. I love working the saturday evening shift because I can sleep in and still get stuff done and even do fun things like this before I head into work. Super fun saturday and luckily a very chill evening at work. Well thats about it. Work hard, Play hard - I guess its kind of the theme of my life right now. deuces. 

Comments

Popular Posts