A break in the Bahamas

 Seasonal depression man... its real and the only cure is to buy a plane ticket somewhere tropical. So thats exactly what we did. Actually we bought these plane tickets months ago and just planned it all for the perfect week because there was another pretty big snow storm that came through and luckily we missed it. Instead of driving in snow to work, I was downing daiquiris on the daily and ripping it up on the jet skis over the gatorade blue water. SO back up to Monday evening... Madi and I had a flight at 5am tuesday morning out of vegas. Instead of waking up at 2am, we just went down to vegas monday night, grabbed some food from BJ's and slept in the vegas airport parking lot. 


Wasnt great sleep, but it was sleep. I guess this proves we are still as hardcore as we were in Europe. All of our flights went super smooth, but Kelsi wasnt so lucky. The snow storm in SLC delayed her first flight which kind of made for a long sucky day of rescheduling flights. BUT in the end we all made it. 


My first glimpse of our island home for the week. I was so excited to be warm and feel the sun and swim in the ocean. We landed and I could feel the humidity as I walked off the plane. Even in my pants and a sweatshirt I was stoked to finally be warm! We got through customs just fine, hopped on a taxi and got to our airbnb. 


This was the perfect little street our place was on and it was about a 30 second walk to this...


This!!! After our host showed us around the property and the house, we got our suits on and jumped in. 



Next stop was walking over to the daiquiri shack. This place is seriously so beautiful and the people are the sweetest. We also walked to the grocery store and picked up some food and sunscreen. Kelsi finally joined the party around 9pm that night. The next couple of days were spent jet skiing, eating pizza on the beach at sunset, basking in the sun, swimming and just straight up relaxing. Enjoy these pictures...



















The braids were nice and all except this. took me a whole travel sized bottle of conditioner to soften up these knots. The thing I was most excited for was to head to the exuma islands and swim with the pigs. Well - we were dumb and didnt book in advance for that excursion. Kind of a bummer, but we did a different excursion with pigs that was at an island about 10 miles off the coast of nassau. 




We headed to pearl island where we kayaked...



Had a 10/10 lunch...


got to feed/swim with the piggies...



Meet georgia...yes she is smiling



found lots of conch shells and some stingray...


climbed up the lighthouse and enjoyed this insane view...


Im sorry... like what? this is insane!


Super fun day. Actually every day was just a super fun, sun-filled day and besides my sunburnt shoulders... I slept like a baby every night. Our last evening we went to a fav spot of the locals for dinner. Its called twin brothers. we ordered conch fritters, jerk chicken and I got another daiquiri surprise surprise haha. Everything was delicious and the locals were stoked we went there. The next morning we were lazy... slept in, packed up and headed to the airport.


Sad day having to leave, but the minute we check out of our airbnb Im just ready to get home. Yes this is me in my sweatshirt in 80 degree weather plus humidity. I think everyone was looking at me like Im crazy, but airplanes are always freezing!! so I had no choice. Another easy going travel day... a very long layover in miami, but I was able to get homework done, call family and friends and watch some netflix so the time flew by. Got in to vegas around 11pm and got home around 2:30am. Grateful for all the experiences Ive had, the memories made, cultures learned, places Ive seen and people Ive met. I really do love going to new places - especially pretty islands in the middle of a non-stop winter. But sure am happy to back safely with my family for Easter sunday. I love my Savior and Im so grateful for the opportunity we all have to be ressureccted one day and to forever with our loved ones. I don't know what I would do if I didnt have that knowledge. Our Easter sacrament meeting was awesome and the rest of the day was filled with egg hunting, and time with family. 



I pantsed sethy so I could get a head start on the eggs. 


And ended with a night of rummy with Grandma. Life is good. I have one last assignment this week and my last final on saturday! Almost there! Now lets hope no more snow to welcome me back up north this week.























































Comments

Popular Posts