Startin' with a BANG

 If Im being quite honest the last week has been a blur... a really good blur though. I had 6 days off and obviously I bolted down to st. george. I was extra excited for this trip because some big things were happening! Ive been wanting to go through the temple for a while now. Im talking like over a year, but I guess I just kept making up excuses as to why I was too busy and honestly just wasnt making it a priority until now. I have felt so ready these last few weeks and just this overwhelming desire to receive my endowment. The week leading up to the temple it was literally all I could think about. 


Friday January 6th I was able to attend the temple with tons of my family. It was so special. To see all my family in white, smiling in this beautiful temple was a pretty awesome experience. The spirit was so strong and my cheeks were most definitely wet with tears. Im grateful for temples beyond belief. Its my escape from the world where I can feel nothing but peace and comfort. The veil is so thin inside these walls and I know without a doubt our loved ones are so close and its so easy to feel their love as well as the saviors. 



So so happy. 





I just want to do this again with everyone next weekend - it was that awesome. Im so excited to continue attending the temple and learning more about my covenants and coming closer to my savior. 


What's a family gathering without food? Costa Vida to celebrate. P. s. lots more family was there than what is pictured. I wish I could've gotten pictures with everyone, but thats ok. Grateful for family members who value this gospel and are good examples to me. 


Also birthday shout out to the best dad ever. Thats not a lie - seriously best dad ever. Thanks for everything dad, from supporting me in my travels and education, to doing crazy fun adventures with me and for pushing me to be the best version of myself in all things. You are the greatest example and I love you so much. 


And to kind of celebrate dads birthday... Angels Landing!! Such a fun morning with the parents spending some time in beautiful zion. We were lucky enough to get a permit (even though no one was there checking them) to hike angels. Pretty good weather too and not too busy. 




Dad got some spikes for christmas so we tested those bad boys out... I highly recommend. Those things will most definitely keep you safe on an icy die cliff hah. 



Life sure is good, except now Im back up north prepping for a whole week of work. Hopefully Im still saying life is good after this week. Also I started my last semester of school this week. Its crazy to think that after this semester I could be done forever. Probably not, but I am looking forward to a nice long break from school. First Ive got to find the motivation to even start this semester... Im struggling at the thought of doing school right now, but hopefully I can just grind it out. I love blogging, I love my family, I love the temple, I love being able to be active in beautiful places. Hope everyone has a great week!

Comments

  1. So glad you had such a great experience at the Temple. I am so happy we were all there with you at such a special occasion. I would love to go back and let you take care of me. I need a lot of help but would let you help me as much or as little as I need. Great learning experience for you to take care of an old lady. Love you so much and am soooo proud of the things you have accomplished up to date. You are truly an amazing young woman. lots of love from anonymous huggy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts