Chaos

 This is how I have felt the last week. I like a little craziness in my life, but I also really like have things put together and this week I have felt like I was on survival mode. I worked the last seven shifts in a row, minus having my sunday off. I didnt (and still don't) have any groceries at my house. Haven't had time to clean my room, do my laundry. I started school again and had a full week of homework. Oh. and of course I was asked to speak in church on sunday. 


luckily I still had time to squeeze in a temple session and pit stop for chocolate milk. My patients at work this week were the best. I honestly had so many patients this week I cant even remember who I all had, but they were all super sweet. I had this one experience in particular with this guy who is particularly hard to deal with due to aggression from a brain injury caused by a car accident. I was working the evening shift and he asked if he could take a shower that night. Of course I told him yes. One of my coworkers told me he wasnt worth the hassle to give him a shower and that I need to watch myself. Well, I got him all clean and back in bed. He grabbed my hand and thanked me for being so sweet to him. I understand needy patients can burn us out and sometimes we don't want to treat the people who are mean to us with respect, BUT i think its even more important to be kind to those people. It really ticks me off when people treat other people who are different like they aren't humans and like they don't deserve a shower. Anyways - sorry for the rant, but its always worth it to be nice and to give people a little more care and attention if you can. I also took care of my first meth addict. He had a PICC line placed from his last hospitalization two days prior (he left AMA) and came to us monday morning, most likely just wanting the PICC line flushed. anyways I had him for about 2 and a half hours before he "went for a smoke" and never came back. I called him multiple times, called the cops and some of my higher ups in the hospital. I was stressed all day that he was dead on the street after hitting himself up with drugs. As far as I know he isn't dead, but he still hasn't come back. He is living his best life with that PICC thats for sure. My other patients were so sweet and it made it a lot easier to come to work seven days in a row. 


and now for my talk... I haven't talked in church in probably 10 years. It was this dark cloud hanging over me all week haha. All I thought about all week and I was so excited to just get it over with. I talked on my experience in following Jesus Christ. I could talk about that topic all day and I do actually talk about it a lot, but for some reason I was so stressed to write this talk. My dad wrote most of it, thanks dad. I wish I had the talent of just getting up in front of people and just talking, not reading, but talking. Oh well, people said it was good and like I said Im glad its over with. 


I got my friends to come to church and hear me!! Love them. 


I really do love my savior and I love following him more than anything. 
Nothing else Id rather be doing. 


Switching things up this week... drew was kind enough to make me dinner this sunday. Remember... I have no groceries. He cooked up some killer steak and baked potatoes. yum. I couldn't stay long because I had to write a paper that was due that night... and then more work starting monday. 


skip to wednesday evening... me leaving the hospital yay! so flipping excited to sleep in the next morning. But first I had to get more homework done that night. SO in summary, I apologize for a late blog, but hopefully this proves that I really just didn't have time. I complain about being too busy, but I actually really like to be busy. It honestly brings me a sense of confidence like look at all this stuff Im getting done.  BUT a break is definitely needed. And yes, I really enjoyed sleeping in this morning. 


Comments

Popular Posts