halloweenies

 Wow well I totally forgot halloween was earlier this week... seems like forever ago. It has now been christmas in our apartment since november first, thanks to ashley, so maybe thats why I feel like halloween was weeks ago. But I sure am pumped for the holiday season. EXCEPT the fact that it already dumped snow up here in northern utah! not acceptable what the heck. Luckily nothing stuck to the roads, so driving to and from work was still ok. SOOO back to monday...


Sibling lunch to our favorite place!! Raising Canes!!! The rest of monday was filled with errands and halloween festivities! 


All the stranger things lovers will appreciate our costumes...




Eddie munson, Eleven and Chrissy. We had a fun little photo shoot and then hit up classic skating for a halloween skating party. It was fun to see all the different costumes and have other stranger things characters come take pictures with us. We found a girl dressed as Max and a couple dressed as steve and robin in their scoops ahoy outfits. After skating we hit up dutchbros!


Ash and ethan approved.


Funny story... we were just chilling in our living room eating oreos and talking and all of a sudden we get a knock at the door... our first reaction is ooo creepy don't answer it. Well, through our peep hole in the door ashley sees this group of guys outside posed as spidermen. So she opens the door so that we can see them... they just barge into our apartment and started jumping around and moshing in our living room. It was literally so random, but so funny. They had some oreos and candy and talked with us for a little and of course we got a picture. 


This is what a night living at the green looks like haha. 


And then for four days of work. Pretty chill week. Some very sweet patients that just make me tear up and love my job so much. One particular man that I took care of this week was diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer. He's only 56 years old and has a huge family that was always there visiting him. One particular morning he wasnt eating his breakfast, like at all. He usually has a large appetite so I asked if he wanted his breakfast (i needed to give him insulin if so). He told me that his family had decided to do a family fast for him and he decided he wanted to be apart of it. I just thought it was the sweetest thing and it honestly gave me such a desire to fast today. I would walk into his room and he would be sitting on his bed in his garment top reading his scriptures. One of the hardest parts would be in the evenings when his family would leave the hospital - Im talking all 10 of his kids and sisters and brothers and so forth - he would be happy all day while they were with him and then I would see him just crying once they left. ah crap it just sucks. I like helping people get better, but it really sucks when the outlook isn't great no matter what. I hate it. Luckily we know there is a plan for everyone, but man its still hard. Why the heck did I become a nurse? Im literally the biggest baby when it comes to this kind of stuff! Geez makes me tear up just typing this. Anyways it was still a good week of work. I did take care of a man for a few hours on saturday night... it was my first patient that wasnt super responsive. He came in for hepatic encephalopathy and had an ammonia level of 70. (normal level is below 40) He was curled up in bed, wouldn't open his eyes, move his extremities and could only grunt. After I shoved three doses of lactulose down his feeding tube he slowly started to say a few words, could wiggle his toes and by the time I went home he could mostly talk and move just wasnt super oriented. Fun times at the VA. 


Jesse and I had a date night to seven brothers and then a pitstop at the neighboring ice cream shop. Good good week. Drew, preston and his mission companion elder stewart came over for dinner tonight. We had breakfast burritos and hung out for a couple hours. Im surrounded by some awesome people which Im so dang grateful for. Ive been blessed with a lot and I hope my father in heaven knows how grateful I am. Love you guys so so much 

Comments

Popular Posts