A little different this year...

 Hello all! Guys, blogging is really hard when you don't do anything! I was actually hanging out with Madi last night (booking a really fun trip!! finally!) and we were going through old pictures and videos from Europe and dang, I used to be so cool. Now Im just a boring old woman that is either working or sleeping. Well this blog will kind of go in reverse of the week but oh well...


beautiful sunset at madi's place. I brought some stuff to make pulled pork sandwiches for dinner and then we spent the evening booking our trip, reminiscing on old adventures and just laughing all night. Freaking love madi. Saturday night I have no pictures, but me and jesse went to the Theater and saw a new movie - the Glass onion. Really good murder mystery movie. Thursday through saturday I worked. Thats right - thursday as in Thanksgiving - I worked. It was definitely hard thinking about all my family being together and not being able to be there, but its all good. Luckily this weekend at work was super slow and chill. I only had one, maybe two patients. I actually had a super sweet old man who recently had part of his lung removed due to cancer. The first day I had him he wasnt doing too well and his oxygen needs were raising and with any movement his oxygen would drop into the 70s. We were able to get him on some better respiratory treatments and closer monitoring. By Saturday evening we were walking around the unit 3x a day without him dropping below 88%, his incentive spirometer readings were getting better and was overall sounding and feeling a ton better. It was cool to work with someone so closely (because I didnt really have any other patients) and to see the progress in just three days. One thing I thought was so funny was he would always call his doctors "the scientists" haha. SO as much as it sucks to spend the holidays in the hospital - at least I'm not sick in bed in the hospital. Im grateful for my health and the opportunity I have to help those that aren't doing as well. We did have a our own thanksgiving on our unit. We had a turkey, funeral potatoes, rolls, salads, cookies and pies. Not too shabby. 


And down in st. george this is what the boys were up to... winning 10ks and such. Jackie won his age group (19 and below) and got some money to the running center plus a pie. Luckily I was in St. george earlier this week hanging out with the family.


Visited Erin at chickfila! obviously got a peppermint chip shake! hmmm what else did I do in stg... honestly nothing. which was nice. Just hung out with family and relaxed. Also I officially passed all my classes even though I got a 60/100 on my final paper and a 75% on my final test. haha would you believe me that I got all A's still?? Well I did and now I get a month off school!! 


Well thats about it folks. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving full of food, family and gratitude. I could make a huge list of things Im grateful for, but i feel like I do that every week so Ill spare you guys. Also its kind of crazy that Im still blogging. I think its been over 5 years and Im still going fairly strong. And I cant believe you three people still read it honestly. Kind of cool - blogging is cool. I don't care what anyone says. 


Comments

Popular Posts