The sabbath is a delight!!!

 I cant even explain how good it feels to have sundays back to normal! I love sundays!! before we get into sunday talk... the rest of the week. I said my goodbyes to st. george on wednesday. It was a much needed week of seeing family and friends, mountain biking, walking with mom, and getting some errands done. Thursday I started my first shift back on day shift - dundundunnnn. Just kidding. Its been really awesome so far. There is good things and bad things about every shift... the worst part about days is just waking up at 5:20am. It is rough! But I've missed the hustle and bustle of day shift. I love interacting with all the different therapists, residents, med students and so forth. I love not having to feel bad for waking a patient up because its daytime and they are supposed to be up. I love actually being able to do daily activities with my patients like making sure they get up and walk, helping them with hygiene, serving them their meals and just hanging out with them. This week I had my first LVAD patient. Honestly pretty intimidating. So heres some explanation - LVAD means left ventricular assistive device. When someones heart fails to be able to pump the blood effectively this device can be placed (its really expensive and a huge commitment) to pretty much pump the blood from the left ventricle to the rest of the body automatically. So this persons life is pretty much run by battery. Intimidating because as the nurse I am in charge of his machine. When my patient has to get up and go to the bathroom I have to unplug his LVAD and replug it in to a portable battery. SCARY! I am literally plugging and unplugging this guy from his life line! WHAT?! But its ok because I know how to do it so he's good. Anyways - feels good to get a little more practice with LVAD and overcome that fear a little more. Overall work is great. Saturday night I went to haunted circus with some friends... no pictures, but I do have pictures of this...


A friend of Erin's recommended the caramel pumpkin chocolate milk at dutch bros so we decided to try it out...We loved it. 


And I had to share the happiness with Jess of course. And those are the only pictures I have for the week ahah. Ok but lets talk sundays. I love them. And today we talked about some things out of the for strength of youth and one was the sabbath day. I literally started to tear up because Im just an emotional girl, but also I have come to look forward and appreciate the sabbath day so much. Working the last 6 weeks on sunday mornings/evenings has opened my eyes a ton and made me realize how grateful I am for this one full day to be dedicated to the lord. I love that I get to attend church and be spiritually re-motivated for the week to come. I love that I have time to myself to journal and blog and read and ponder and do all the good stuff. I love cooking dinner for drew and spending time with family and friends. I love the quietness and reverence to sunday mornings. I love starting my week on a good note and making goals for the days to come. Oh and cant forget how awesome it is to spend the day in my comfy clothes. Just some thoughts why sundays are the best. And man am I grateful to have my sundays back! ok life is good, love y'all. 


Comments

Popular Posts