Growing up kinda sucks

 And on that note... happy one year older to drewby! 



We spent drew's birthday celebrating at raising canes and opening presents from mom. Drew is most definitely starting to realize that birthdays are no longer fun and growing up is kind of the worst. Besides lunch, he did lots of school, studying and a stake activity that night. Happy 21 brother! Love you! 


The rest of monday for me was spent prepping for my next few weeks of work. I started night shifts this week and as you can tell I DIY'd my own black out curtain. Ok so its definitely not black out, but it helps a ton to keep out a lot of light so I can sleep during the day. So far so good. Work this week has been fairly good. My body has been actually totally fine adjusting to night shifts.  I did have that one difficult patient back for a couple nights. He was super aggressive and almost kicked me in the face a couple times. At one point in the night we had six nurses on top of him trying to hold him down so we could give him a shot. He was thrashing so hard that the first attempt he bent the needle. Strong guy and I honestly just feel really bad for him. The rest of the shifts were pretty normal. Im able to get a ton of homework done on shift which is a huge plus to nights.


Carli even made me some pumpkin bread to take to work... yumm!! A downside to night shift - I never know what day it is. Its super confusing to be getting to work and saying good night to people and then leaving work saying good morning, but then going to bed?? I don't know if that makes sense, but if you've ever worked nights Im sure you get it. Well, I got off friday morning and was only planning on taking a nap so that I could get on a regular sleep schedule for the weekend... ya that didnt happen. I slept till 4pm and my sleep schedule has been wack ever since. SO once I woke up friday evening I just did homework and had a lazy evening with the girls. Lazy evening meaning...


getting dominos in our pjs at 11pm - living our best lives. Saturday was a pretty chill day as well. We slept in, exercised, ran errands and that evening played volleyball, hot tubbed and watched a movie with friends. Didn't go to bed till 4am and I woke up sunday at noon... told ya Im just on a crazy night shift schedule now. 


Sunday after church we took a drive up the canyon and played around up at sundance. 



Blessed with the best. There are a ton more pictures, but Ill spare you guys.
Ive been thinking how crazy time is. Time can fly by one moment and drag the next. Im grateful for this time in my life I have to grow into a better me. This week Ive had to start thinking about which holidays I want to work and which one, only one, I want off. It sucks. I honestly hate having my life and the people I love spread up and down the state. Sure does make things difficult. Its been rough thinking about missing out on traditions and family time and even little things like institute with my friends on thursday nights. BUT, I really do love my job. I mean it. and I'm grateful for the experiences I have every day at the hospital and the things I see and do and learn. It would just be a lot easier if there were a VA hospital closer to me and if I could ask for any day off I wanted haha. BUT thats not how life goes and I guess if thats my biggest reason for why growing up sucks then its not too bad. Responsibilities are fun aren't they?! Also speaking of work... this is my last week of being on orientation. These three months have gone by way too fast and Im not quite sure how I feel about being on my own. With the straight forward patients I feel super confident and more than ready, but there is so much I still have never seen, dealt with or learned about and thats what is a little intimidating. Wish me luck. Love and miss all you guys. 

Comments

  1. sounds like you can take care of all things in your life. you are growing up fast. sure is fun being an adult. love hearing all about your becoming an adult. i still haven't managed to become a successful adult. love you tons. love from hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts