Balance

Hello blog! Happy to report that this week was a step up from the last few. I don't know why, but this new transition in my life has been rough to adjust to, but this week I feel like I was able to get the hang of things. I worked monday- thursday. I also started a full semester of classes this week. So the first half of my week I had to work hard to get everything done. Honestly work and school aren't difficult to do, but all the other things on top of work and school such as eating, sleeping, exercising, socializing and so forth can be a challenge to accomplish. I was super disciplined with myself this week and did a pretty decent job to get everything done and even hang out with friends on my days off! woohoo see... a good week! 


I always try and make time for the temple at least every other week and luckily drew was available to come with me! Sibling date!



After the temple I introduced drew to raising canes! He liked the chicken, but I witnessed him quite literally fall in love with the texas toast. He couldn't stop talking about it. 


I was able to squeeze in a couple runs this week - still taking it very slow just because I don't want to over do it while working on my feet for 12 hours. Felt good to finally workout after about a month of resting and making up the excuse of "not having time." Rewarded with a beautiful sunset. 


weekend treats are always the best. This local cookie place gives free cookies to students... not sure how they stay in business, but I dig it! 


Im glad I got all my errands done on friday because saturday turned out to be a pretty fun day. We randomly got invited to seven peaks water park. Free tickets to anywhere? Im in. Ive learned that on my days off I gotta do something fun to keep the spirit of adventure in my life. Cheesy, but man life gets boring when you don't add a little something fun every now and then. 


Swig with jess after being in the sun all day. Later that night and I mean super later that night at like 11pm I had made some plans with our guy friends to go out to the lake. No pictures, but we swam out to the inflatable obstacle course on Deer creek reservoir and messed around. It was a little chilly, but so fun. I honestly haven't stayed up till 2am in FOREVER and I was exhausted, but no regrets. Like I said - ya gotta do something fun on your days off or else life is just boring!! Id like to think Im finding a balance between being a boring adult and still being a fun kid. 



Last but not least - spending my sunday evening with these two!! Planning our next trip and Im so so excited! Today I was also able to go to my new ward and have sunday dinner with drew and his buddies. Good good day and a pretty dang good week. Update on work: I took four patients all by myself on thursday!!! Four patients is the max amount of patients on our unit so I was pretty pumped to know I could take a full load. My coworkers have been hyping me up with how well Im doing and its honestly really nice to hear. I feel overwhelmed most of the time, but its nice to know that Im doing a good job at hiding it haha. I also finished moving in and unpacking everything in my room which deserves a shout out because moving is quite possibly the worst thing ever! Well folks tomorrow starts a new shift time for me... 11am - 11:30pm. Perks: I get to sleep in a little bit and hopefully have some time to workout and do homework! Also, I make 10% more due to the night time differential, Lets goo! Not perks: Im gonna be dead by the time 11pm comes around. But I will update next week on how it goes!! Love you guys! 

Comments

Popular Posts