THE BEST (and fastest) TWO YEARS!

 I think it is safe to say my family has been waiting for this week for the last two years... and most definitely ready for this week the last month. So lets just skip to friday!! Friday I caught a ride to the SLC airport. I was a little nervous but mostly just so dang excited! Drew was scheduled to land in salt lake at 1:45, but ended up landing a little early. I was freaking out. I called my mom while trying to find drew - walking around looking very confused because I had no idea where to find him. It was kind of a shot in the dark hoping that he would come out past security. Well, while Im talking with mom I saw him. I SAW DREW! I just started saying "oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" Then without even saying goodbye or anything I hung up on my mom and started videoing. I walked up pretty close to him and said "Drew!" He turned around and I think both of us about crapped ourselves. I cant even describe it in words honestly, but the video is priceless. We hugged and cried and we both still couldn't believe it. 


One of the best surprises for both of us I think. Glad it all worked out! I think drew was pumped to have a buddy for his 4 hour layover. We had lunch and just chatted. We looked at pictures together and honestly the time went really fast. We sat down to eat our smash burger and drew says "Sorry to be that guy, but would you like to say a prayer with me?" I said "uhh no" haha so he said his own personal prayer. A very surreal day for sure hanging out with the missionary bro.


Picture on the right shows him about three weeks into his mission when he went through the temple and the picture on the left is his last week in montana! 



It was funny to see how nervous drew was to be going home. If I'm being real... I thought he was going to throw up on the plane. As we were flying I pointed out zion and pine valley mountain and I think it was becoming pretty real for drew that he was HOME! 


Coming off the plane - pumped to see the family!


One big happy family! All together again!!



Oh it was my birthday too I guess. 



The sibs are back... weird, but good. That evening drew was released and we had a little homecoming party with neighbors, family and friends. 


Saturday we kept the party going with a morning weeding the garden in pine valley. Garden is looking good and pine valley was as beautiful as ever. That afternoon we swam because what else is there to do in summer in stg?


The only picture I got, but don't worry we swam hard and ate chickfila (drews request). Today was drew's homecoming talk and he crushed it.


But really, it was an amazing talk - the spirit was so strong. Proud sister moment for sure. Its definitely been a good week for the Wells fam. But now we gotta back it up... this week was finals week for me. Another successful finals week for the books. I love finals week because usually its just a bunch of tests that I honestly don't need to do well on, but this week was full of final projects and papers which is kind of sucky. Still crushed it though. I ended my first term of the summer with three A's! And Im looking forward to only having one class the rest of the summer! 


Earlier this week me and the gals met up with some new friends and destroyed in volleyball and did some late night swimming. 


A day spent at the temple is a good day! I love the temple and the peace it brings me!


Thursday me and the gals hit up dinner for an early birthday celebration. I showed them a new bbq place in Orem and they loved it. 


Then finished the night with bowling and this was our safe way of being transported through orem... whoops. 


And this is me... the newest 23 year old. I figured I would document what I looked like the morning of my birthday. ooolalala best birthday yet which is impressive because I hate birthdays. My mom surprised me with printed books of my blog since I started in 2017 - epic. A week full of lots of happiness and more to come hanging out with the newly returned missionary! 

Comments

Popular Posts