ITS OFFICIAL

Boy has it been a WEEK! and I sure am glad to have it over with! But, really I love blogging about weeks like this because I actually have a story to tell. So buckle up. Well lets begin by saying what Ive said a million times... I loved school. It was honestly never too stressful for me and I enjoyed every minute of it. No one told me the stress came after graduating.... Ive been studying for my board exam since about a month ago. I didnt get my test date till about two weeks ago and thats when I really started studying (and stressing)! I can honestly say its the only thing that has been on my mind. People would ask me to do things and hang out with people and plan other fun things - my response was "after june 2nd!" So I drove down to St. george this past tuesday afternoon and I was definitely starting to get nervous, but also excited to get it done. The next day (day before the test) the major doubting started. My professor told us we need to complete 3000 practice questions before taking the nclex and I had done barely over a thousand. I was last minute trying to cram study (which does nothing before a board exam) and I was really regretting not studying harder the previous few weeks. I will say, I studied harder for this test than I ever have in my life, but I have never really studied that hard in my life so its not hard to do. Anyways I leave the house thursday morning to get to Vegas at 8:40am - an hour and 20 minutes early. Can you tell I was a little stressed? haha. I did all the security checks and they showed me to my computer to start the test. Holy heck I couldnt believe I was actually about to start this thing. I clicked start and it only went downhill from there. I was not 100% positive on any of the questions - maybe one or two. When I got to question 75 I was hoping it would turn off, but it didnt. (75 is the minimum amount of questions you could be given and the max is 145) I took my time on all the questions till after #95. I was getting tired, anxious to be done and straight up figured I was already failing the test so why try. I flew through the next 25 questions without even realizing it. At #120 I saw what question I was on and thought "Holy crap, you only have 25 questions to try and not fail." so I was able to get my brain somewhat back in the game to finish out the whole dang test. The test shut off and I felt like complete crap. I walked out of the testing center happy to be done but angry because I knew I would be back the next month to retake that dumb test! I drove home so angry. Angry that I had blown the test. Angry that I wouldn't be able to start my job. Angry that I would have to respond to the hundreds of texts from family, friends and coworkers telling them that I had failed. And angry because I was caught in stupid traffic haha. Lets just say I was a raging bleep for the next 24 hours. I didnt want to talk about the test, I didnt respond to any of my messages and I was just in a really really really bad mood. Every once in awhile I would think "hey maybe I pulled it off" but that thought was quickly followed with "There is no way you passed" So the bad mood just continued. I was constantly refreshing my email waiting for the results. And every time I had a new email pop up my stomach would drop for a second till I could read that it was just from Delta airlines or Venmo or something. As much as I wanted to see the results and end this torturous waiting game I was also dreading seeing the proof that I had indeed failed. Well Friday afternoon my parents and I had appointments at the temple. They did a session and I did baptisms. It was a nice to have some time in the temple to not be filled with stress, anger or anything else I had been feeling the last 48 hours. As I got back to my car to wait for my parents I refreshed my email - there it was. The long awaited/dreaded email from Utah DOPL. I opened up the email immediately and had to scroll down to the attached document.... All I saw - "Congratulations" And I couldn't believe it. I cried. I read it again to make sure. Yep - "PASS" I was finally able to breathe and smile and be happy again haha. Still couldn't believe it. I was so excited to tell my parents and in the meantime I finally messaged all the people I had been avoiding and I told them the good news. When my parents go out of the temple I jumped out of my car and yelled I PASSED!!! hugs all around, I cried even more and I apologized for being such a brat the last couple of days. Honestly the craziest experience from being so low to jumping so high just because of an email! I was and still am on cloud nine. I still read the email hoping they don't send me a new one saying they changed their mind or something. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to go to school and do hard things. I am grateful for my Savior who sees what I work for and what I value most and helps me achieve my goals and overcome my trials.  Im grateful for my friends and family who have supported me through school and have been such good examples to me. And if I'm being honest - Im grateful I passed so that I can forget about that test and move on! woohoo! But just because Im officially an RN doesn't mean I know everything nor can I answer all your questions ok? alright well theres my story of the week... no pictures were taken the day of the test, but we celebrated hard in the DQ drive thru....



This week also included seth getting his wisdom teeth out which was another highlight.



We figured he was going to be crying or just straight up mean - nope he was hilarious. I wish I could post some videos on here but to sum it up his favorite office quote is "Thats what she said"


Thursday and friday we attended the viewing and grave site of Aunt Joyce. I really don't like funerals, but I do like how it gathers the family and I love hearing about memories and funny stories people have. Its always hard saying goodbye, but its always cool thinking about the awesome reunion they are having in heaven. 


Today we did something the wells family doesn't usually do... go to the movies. Reviews set the expectations high for Top Gun Maverick and it did not disappoint. Definitely a must see. In other news... this week was also midterms for me. Yes. I was a smartypants and scheduled my nclex the week of midterms... like I said Im just happy this week is over with. And with another week down that means closer to seeing Drew! 18 days folks! woohoo !! <3

Comments

  1. Here I am again commenting the same old stuff like I’m a proud gramma and I love your story telling and I’m so happy to be part of your life. Let me take you to lunch when you have time. You are just so very special to me and I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts