The gals of 305

 I love my friends. And Im blessed to have my friends be my roommates! Its the best gig ever. This week has been nothing but fun - because of them. I started off this week helping Jesse shoot a short film. One thing I love about our apartment dynamic is how different all of us are. They teach me new things every day and I love learning more about what they are passionate about - and yes I talk their ears off about all things medical (they probably aren't very amused but oh well).  Jesse is so creative and it was fun messing around and creating this film with her. She rented out a hotel room for a few hours and we got to work on a pretty intense horror film.


We used some liquid latex and makeup to make my hand look all scary. She is still editing it, but Im excited to see the finished product - I think we make a pretty good team. Tuesday and Wednesday were school days - pretty heavy school days may I add. In my transition class we talked about the steps to graduating, taking the NCLEX and applying for licensure... I may have started to tear up. Just a little bittersweet to know that what Ive been working towards for the past two years (and more than that) is now coming to an end. I have loved every second of nursing school and I am kinda sad to be graduating here in 4 weeks. 4 WEEKS! Freak - thats insane. In MedSurg we talked about sepsis. It was fun to bring together all the body systems we've learned about these past few weeks and see how sepsis affects them all differently and in the different stages of the infection. I also had plans to nanny from thursday to sunday - but luckily plans changed. And boy Im glad they did. I had the whole weekend to catch up on homework (I kind of did this, kind of didnt) and hang out with friends!


Thursday night started off with finishing season 3 of stranger things - yes, in our matching shirts. I love that we got ashley hooked. She said "crap now I have to wait till May to watch the next season!" You poor thing... the rest of us have been waiting since 2019! haha. 


Saturday and the sun was shining! We watched BYU baseball and got fried!


I guess we forgot that when the sun is out + altitude + sitting at a baseball game all afternoon = sunburn. Please notice the sunburn lines from the ripped jeans... we are only in a little bit of pain today. 


Next stop on this beautiful day - pizza/swig picnic in the park. 




We looked a hot mess coming home from our afternoon activities, but the fun had seriously just begun. We had an hour to get ready and be on the road to a hockey game. We blasted some music and all of us showered and got all pretty in less than an hour - thats pretty impressive. 


And bam we made it. So the reason we are here - Jesse has been chatting with one of the players so we came to support and scope out how good of a player he is and if he's worth it. Im happy to report he didnt start any fights so he's ok (I hate the fighting).


And last but not least an awesome sunday. 


Solid week. Church today was so good. Just feeling super motivated recently to do and be better. I can honestly say I see Gods hand in the details of my life. I am grateful for his patience with me when I complain and question him. Im grateful for the opportunity I have to go through life trusting in him with every step I take, knowing (sometimes just hoping) that he will take care of me. It's so easy to get down on ourselves and think that Heavenly father is angry with us because we aren't perfect or we keep messing up... but He loves us. No matter what. He loves us more than we can comprehend and that's just awesome.  This week I came across a phrase in the scriptures that was just relatable to a recent experience... "carried away in the spirit". I went to the temple on... I forget what day.... but as I was crammed on this bench waiting to get baptized, next to these other sisters dressed in white... I was just overcome with joy and peace and calmness and gratitude and all the other good feelings. I seriously felt like I was just taken away by the spirit for that moment - and it was so special. The Lord is in the details of our lives!! and it is such an amazing feeling to recognize it more and more each day! I was also talking with ashley earlier and she mentioned how she's never been this happy before like truly happy! And honestly I agree. I feel like as a kid its so easy to be happy. As a struggling adult trying to maneuver the challenges getting thrown at me - happiness just doesn't come as easy. BUT I feel like because of the trials and the growth through those trials I can seriously be just truly happy. Maybe that doesn't make sense.... but I guess its a more mature feeling like my life doesn't have to be perfect - I can be going through hard times and still find ways to be happy. Just a few of the many things that have been on my mind recently... 



Comments

Popular Posts