Spring Break pt. 1

The beauty of having school two days a week... an extra long spring break! So technically this upcoming week is my real break, but Im counting this last weekend as well. Plus, this last week was just a good, fun week. So so fun. Lots has been on my mind recently and one thing in particular is how grateful I am to have chosen to attend school up north and to move away from home. So many blessings have come from this decision and I know I complain about the cold and missing stg but I am happy to live in provo. I have been able to learn independence, meet some amazing friends and have such great opportunity in looking for work at the many hospitals the northern cities have to offer. Speaking of meeting great people...


My ward is the best. I have honestly hated YSA wards until coming here. We had an activity this last week at a trampoline park and it was so much fun. I love to just be a kid again and run wild doing flips everywhere. 


And continuing this convo on awesome friends... K-plantis. We caught up over some canes earlier this week. I love that even though we don't see each other all the time its always so chill when we do get to hang out. 


And cant forget my freaking amazing roommates. Ash started her half marathon training this week and was kind enough to let me jog alongside her. Its fun to have someone to run with again!! And this week was a big milestone for me and my running... 34 minutes without stopping!! My goal was to be able to run 30 minutes without stopping by the end of february - well february 28th came around and I did it! Barely did it and it about killed me, but I got'er done. Which leads us to Sethy's birthday!!! February 28th - (not so) little sethy turned 17! what the actual heck. I thought I was 17 like yesterday??? or at least I thought drew was 17 yesterday, but nope. I hate being old! and I hate watching my little bros get old too, freak! 


Dad made seth his favorite breakfast - pancakes and sausage


And a classic throwback. We love you seffy. And yes I will forever call you seffy. This week was nothing too serious for school besides just getting through class and looking forward to spring break, but I did have my first job interview! Last week I submitted my resume and within an hour I got a call to schedule an interview. I was freaking out. I had no clue it was gonna happen that fast. The interview went ok. It was my first one ever so I had no clue what to expect and to be honest I have no clue how it really went because I have nothing to compare it to. The thing that was frustrating was all the questions about experience and certifications etc. Im seriously not even graduated yet - like Im 22, don't have a degree, very little job experience and definitely no special certifications, but I pulled some stuff out of my butt to make me look good so hopefully it works haha. If not, I won't be too bummed considering there is much need for nurses everywhere. Good experience overall and at least it was some good practice for future interviews. 


My thumbs up selfie post interview. At this point I was just pumped to start my drive to st. george. And the minute I got to stg I hopped back in the car to drive another 5 hours to Sedona with mom!! Girls trip to start off this break. 





We did lots of hiking, and relaxing. My kind of vacay! 




Devil's bridge - super busy hike, but super pretty and we met some friends on the trail. I love touristy places just to meet people from all over the place. 


Mom killing it with the snacks


sipping my smoothie and hot tubbing - living the life. We watched West Side Story, had some good food (watched a guy get arrested in the parking lot - kinda sad) and hit the hay pretty early. 


Saturday we set out to find this hidden gem that the locals didnt want anyone to know about... it took us three times to find it but we did it - Birthing cave. 




Mom straight up yelled at me for getting this close to the edge... its the angle that makes it look sketch. It was safe, I swear. The rest of saturday was pretty gloomy so we shopped, napped, read, showered, ordered food from the hotel restaurant and chilled inside. Sunday we hit up a ward in flagstaff then headed home. I was pumped to see the boys...


I love sundays!! We had a yummy dinner, rode scooters, played catch and basketball outside, and made dessert. I love my fam bam so dang much. 


And because I am late to blogging this week - I guess Ill document my monday on here as well. today started out with a three miler with mom and dad. Then homework with Erin at the HPC. Just trynna stay on top of my studies this break. The rest of the day was spent with landree and the babies!!! First time meeting baby Harv and I love love love him. Nothing better than a fresh new little baby. 



Scarlett absolutely killing the nail game. 


and we decided to head out on the town to give mama some peace and quiet. So I took scarlett on a little girls date to Judds where I got me a breadstick and she picked out some candy. We then stopped by swig to pick us up some drinks and get landree a caffeine pick-me up. Taking lettie out on the town makes me so excited to be a mom!! Some kids I babysit make me never want kids, but this little one makes me want kiddos NOW haha. Its fun having a little best friend to hang out with. Until I can create my own mini me best friend I guess Ill just have to mooch off landree and her kiddos. Welp all is good in the hood. Not much to complain about at the moment so see you next week!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts