Back to the books

 And I love itttt! First week back in school and this time for my last semester :, ) Can we just take a moment to appreciate this nursing student glow up of mine...


Me in August 2020... still living at home, long hair, tan, and had no clue what a normal range for calcium (or any electrolyte for that matter) looked like. Fast forward a year and a half later... January of 2022...


Last semester of school! Living in Provo, short hair, def not tan and still no clue what normal lab values should be. (ok thats not completely true - I kind of have a clue now) but honestly I am so grateful I have the opportunity to go to school and to learn about a field I am so passionate about. I have learned a lot more than just meds, infection control, assessments, diseases, patient communication etc. I have learned how important it is to be an advocate for patients and to do everything in my power to get them healthy in all aspects. Empathy and being more than just a clocked in nurse with tasks to check off. And also how important it is to keep myself healthy so I can perform my best at work. I don't know - Im just pumped for the future and all the people Im going to be able to meet and help and continue to learn from. Also fun fact - Im back to in person school. I have not been in a classroom environment since spring of 2019. Thats a freaking long time y'all. I will say I have enjoyed being a nursing student from the comfort of my own bed these last few semesters, but it was awesome actually seeing and chatting with my classmates in person. My morning class is pretty chill - transitioning into professional nursing - seems fun. My afternoon class is pretty intimidating. My professor flat out said he doesn't give out A's. So that kind of pissed me off - Imma work my butt off to make him have to give me an A this semester. I even read my textbook this week - thats how dedicated I am haha. PTSD of when mom would use to yell at us when we didnt get A's lol. Thanks mom for making me a good student. Also this is a warning that blogs are now starting to become boring again... I swear the only pictures on my phone are screenshots for school - gotta love it. 


I also got to talk with Drew this week! We talked and showed each other our mad guitar skills. I had no clue he has been learning the guitar the last couple years - so he is actually good. Me ehhhh not so much. The rest of this week was studying, hanging with friends, errands, talking with a car salesman (eek) and oh I got another chemical peel so leper laynee is back. I also started up institute again this week. "Falling for Jesus" is the class I go to and when I say everyone and their dog also goes to this class I mean it. I would bet you there was close to 500 kids filling up the chapel and overflow. Its seriously awesome. This week we spoke about John chapter 1. When nathanael meets jesus for the first time. Jesus welcomes him and Nathanael asks "Whence knowest thou me?" or How do you know me? Jesus responds with "When thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee." Nathanael immediately knew that he was the Son of God. We talked about how Nathanael was not anywhere special. He was seriously sitting under a tree. Joseph Smith, yes was in the sacred grove, but that was also just his backyard. We can also come to know our savior in the most ordinary of places. I have no clue what nathanael was going through under that fig tree, but Christ did. No one knows what Im going through when Im sitting in the temple parking lot, or going for a hike by myself, or simply just laying in bed, but Christ does. And he see's me. And thats just the greatest feeling in the world - we are never alone. And its just awesome to know we can have our own "fig tree" moments whenever and wherever. All we gotta do is turn to him, because he is already there. I love institute. 


Saturday night was a party with my gals again!! Scary picture I know^ but only my fav pizza in the whole wide world!! Madi's first time at The Pie and she gave it a 10/10 sooo


And then a hockey game! Not gonna lie, I was skeptical about the whole thing, but it was epic. Hockey is freaking cool. 



And continued the party at Kelsi's house after the game. I haven't stayed up this late in a very very long time and I was struggling...


As you can see in this picture. About 1am we were leaving Kelsi's house and this is how I put my shoes on... This is why I go to bed at 10pm. Good, good times. 


Comments

Popular Posts