A big year

I love this time of ending a year and starting a new one. I love the time I can take to reflect on my life the last 365 days and planning for the future 365 to come. This year has been one for the books... my highest of highs and lowest of lows happened this year and a lot has been learned through it all. Well to start out this week... some big news. So if you know me, you know I've been chronically injured for almost 2.5 years now. It has taken away my favorite hobby and one of my go to activities that brings me joy. You can say it has been quite the trial. One of the hardest parts about it all was not having a diagnosis. No one could give me answers or why in the heck my healthy 22 year old body was not healing. It especially sucked when it seemed like people thought it wasnt legit. There has been times people have seriously questioned me like it was all just in my head. Very frustrating! but, long said prayers were answered this week. I visited with a local Rheumatologist about my pain. I had some labs drawn a couple weeks ago and the doctor informed me that I tested positive for a certain gene. This gene puts me at greater risk for certain autoimmune diseases. Well based on the positive gene, my pain symptoms and my worsening MRI imaging my doctor diagnosed me with something called ankylosing spondylitis. Big word - I know. And as scary as having an autoimmune disease sounds, I have found myself - for the most part - at ease. Im grateful to finally have answers and a narrowed down diagnosis so that we can start more targeted treatments. Doc seems pretty optimistic that with lifelong treatment I can live a normal pain free life. So thats exciting. The treatments themselves arent the most appealing, but Im grateful there are options out there to get me out of pain. Right now I am on a pretty high dose of celebrex. If high dose NSAIDs don't work we will move to more immunosuppressant medications I believe. 


Me at my appointment before finding out the news. Not gonna lie, it was a lot to take in and pretty overwhelming. He was super patient with me and made sure all my questions were answered - which I was very grateful for, especially because he had gotten me in very last minute and stayed in the visit with me from 4:30 till almost 6pm. I was impressed. Grateful for good doctors, my family being patient with me and praying for me, and for modern medicine. Now lets hope I can actually start running again - oh man Id be one happy gal. 


I am not ready to move up north for many reasons - one being I have loved spending pretty much everyday of this break with cousins, aunts/uncles and grandparents. Right now I know a lot of people in my family are struggling and it sucks. But this is when living so close to each other is such a blessing. We are able to so readily serve each other and try to ease each others burdens. And thats what family is all about right? 


Change of subject... look at this little dude. 


SO tuesday my mom got a random text from someone in the ward wanting me to babysit for their friends that were in town. Well Im lazy and honestly usually get screwed while babysitting for strangers and 20$ just wasnt worth a night of babysitting for me so originally I said nah. My mom reminded me I would literally be doing nothing else so why not make a couple extra bucks - so I ended up doing it. Well little did I know this family is loaded. They give me the address of their house (they live in draper and this is their second home) and its in stone cliff. Im getting the tour of the house before the parents leave and the dad goes "if the kids break anything or spill on something, its fine - everything is replaceable" Im like what?? I've never heard a parent say that lol. Well I look in the garage and see their "st. george cars" which include a 4runner and porsche. The kids made sure to tell me the ferrari is being shipped down right now and should be there tomorrow lol. so yah that was my night. I baby sat 6 kids ranging between 7 and 14. I sang karaoke, ate chickfila, played hide and go seek (pictured above), found a scorpion and watched the kids swim. 


So like not a bad night well... thats not it. Im not sure how appropriate it is to talk about my finances (lol I have none) on here, but as Im leaving the dad pulls out two 100$ bills and hands them to me. I was there for 5 hours. so yes... 40$ an hour - Id say that night was worth it. I was stoked to say the least. ALSO since they live in draper you better believe I told them I nanny and live in provo, so they said they would give me a call again in the future. Heck yes. Screw nursing- Ill be a nanny forever haha. totally kidding, but its not a bad side job. 


Thursday was spent with this little munchkin kitty cat girl. 


Random picture of seth helping with the groceries in his new blanket poncho thing. And my plans for NYE... nothing. Just a night in with my journal. It is one of my favorite times of the year to write... a good reflection and my goals for 22. This upcoming year is a big one. Im gonna be checking off a lot - including graduating, hopefully passing the NCLEX and getting my nursing license, starting and possibly graduating with my bachelors as well, getting a big girl job (I'm so excited) and who knows what else is in store. Im just gonna be a bad A boss woman this year and thats whats up. So watch out because aint nothing stopping me. Lets goo 2022! 


And starting off the new year with the annual Wells veyo skating party. 










A fun afternoon with cousins - even had a jerking contest, miller definitely won. And by won I mean he is the only one that can actually jerk haha. 


And this picture just cracks me up - also just picture pitbull blaring in the background and maycee just straight vibing. 


And Saturday night we got visitors!! The coles are in town baby! They spent saturday evening with us while Erika spent some time with her mom. They also came to church with us this morning! We love these kids and I sure do miss living down the street from them. 


Taytum looovveees her ketchup. like loves her ketchup! 




And these boys only use us for our mario kart haha. We still love them though. 


And last but not least we are spending the next few days in the snowy mountains of Brianhead. I have pictures but they arent loading so you'll have to wait till next week!! And actually one last thing - today in church we sang I believe in Christ. The final verse is pretty awesome "I believe in Christ, He stands supreme! From him Ill gain my fondest dreams, and while I strive through grief and pain, His voice is heard 'Ye shall obtain.' I believe in Christ so come what may, With him Ill stand in the that great day, when on this earth he comes again to rule among the sons of men" This year through the ups and downs I have come so much closer to my Savior. And I know for a fact that if I continue to choose him he will help me through my grief and pain, grant me my fondest dreams and I will be standing with him at that last day. So with that being said - new year and striving to be a better me.  sup 2022?! 

Comments

Popular Posts