Growing pains

 This week - I cant believe it was a normal 7 day week because it felt like two weeks in one! Taking things back to last sunday - Friendsgiving!!


A delicious dinner with some of my best friends, what could be better. We spent the night eating and laughing lots. I am very very grateful for these gals. Monday was another day at primary children's!!! Guys I love that place. I was on a pretty normal medsurg floor. I only had two kiddos. One little boy was post op abcess removal from his eye and the other little girl was recovering from an infection due to a surgery. These kids were so cute and I loved taking care of them for the day. Recently I've realized how happy I am while being at my clinicals. It made me wonder - why the heck am I so happy while being at a hospital for 12+ hours? I thought of a few reasons... one being I really love what Im going into. And I am so grateful for that. I left the hospital monday night actually super converted to the thought of working in pediatrics. It kinda made me mad at first though because I was so set on geriatrics and I did not think I would enjoy my peds rotation... well I loved it and I am grateful for the fact that I can picture myself in multiple fields. Second, I don't have time to think about myself. Being in a hospital where everyone is sick or in pain or grieving or exhausted - your problems just start to seem not important at all. Its so easy to sit and think "poor me" or "dang why do I have to go through this?" but its so nice to forget about all that and just dive into helping others. I cant even explain how excited I am to start working - Im sure my roommates are sick of me talking about it, but Im more than excited for it all to happen. No pictures from my last shift at PCH, but just take my word... good day. Tuesday was my last lab for the semester - my peds lab. Chill morning. And that night was climbing!!




Look how fun! kinda sucked it up because I haven't been in so long, but thats ok.  
Thursday was lots of studying and Institute! In Institute we talked about hell. exciting huh? "Hell is a freely chosen identity that is something other than God that goes on forever." We also talked about how we, ourselves, determine where we go in the next life. We aren't going to want to go to the celestial kingdom if we aren't living celestially right now. Another freaking awesome quote of the night "There are two kinds of people in the end: ones that say to god "thy will be done" and ones that god says to them "thy will be done" DEEP! Thursday was also our ward thanksgiving dinner. Super yummy and met some new people - actually a girl from louisville! She even went to school with madison, so it was fun getting to talk with her. Small world. 


After the thanksgiving dinner me and the roomies decided to run to Beto's to get some of their tasty drinks... pina, horchata and jimica. Jesse loves Betos and turns out Carlos (works at betos) loves Jesse! We were in the drive through and Carlos heard Jesse's voice so he says hello. Well while at the window picking up our drinks Jesse gets handed this to-go box and this little boy says "Carlos wanted me to give this to you" It says "enjoy your taquitos" with his number on the box!!! We died!!! So free taquitos and a not so secret admirer for jesse! Love it. 


Went home and had a chill night with the gals watching Dancing with the Stars. Friday and saturday looked about the same too haha. Dinner and movie night with the gals - very chill weekend. 


Friday morning temple date with me, myself and the lord. Best kinda date out there. Later that day I took my Medsurg test on the GI system.... 98% (99% with an extra added point thanks to my professor). Are we kidding?! My jaw dropped not gonna lie. 


Saturday night called for another spontaneous haircut (Thanks to my amazing hairdresser roommate). Another two inches gone, and I've never been more obsessed. 



We all walked out of our rooms this morning wearing matching black church fits so you know what that calls for... photoshoot!! haha. peep our cute christmas decorations courtesy of ashley. 



Love my blonde squad. Grateful for lots these days and I am happy. But man I've learned a lot this week... Growing does not come easy. I thought those growing pains as a kid were over... nope. News flash - it gets worse. But for a good reason (I think). Its not growth unless it pushes you and it's not pushing you if it's comfortable. Therefore, to progress you gotta have those uncomfortable growing pains. This week I thought I was in the clear. I thought that maybe I had grown enough and I was good for now. But nope, apparently I needed to learn and grow just a little more. (and will forever need to learn and grow more) Even though these moments of growth may hurt, it is for our own good and it is Heavenly Father shaping us into the people we need to become. And to welcome in the thanksgiving spirit - I am grateful for that! I am also grateful for my savior and the special, individualized way he knows how to help and heal this imperfect life of mine.  Can't wait to come home and see all of you real soon! Happy Turkey week! 

Comments

Popular Posts