Happy days!!

 Buckle up buttercups because this is about to be a lonng post (but that means its a good one). Well taking it back to last friday night... Multi-stake activity at the provo rec with my gals. I know there is a certain stigma about living in provo, but y'all I don't care - Its a party. I have honestly loved living in provo for these few years as a college student. 






I love my friends!! We actually started a gnarly game of speed. and soon enough the whole dang crowd was playing so we dipped because the line was getting so big. But before the line got too long I almost won. I got beat out by this dude - so close. We didnt stay too long because it was so busy, but it was fun.
Sunday we had some friends over and made homemade pizzas for sunday dinner - no pictures but its fun being the party apartment - most of the time. Until you have to go to bed early for clinical.  


Monday was my last 12 hour for the next few weeks. HOLLA! I get the month of October off which I am most definitely looking forward to. My shift on monday was easy but also tough. Tough because it was a slow day and I was literally falling asleep. Easy because its my third shift and Im really starting to feel comfortable in a hospital setting. At least comfortable with the skills they let me do such as medication administration, injections, IV push, assessments and pt. education. I actually really appreciated my nurse just letting me go for it all by myself. Makes me feel cool and confident. I stayed at Mandy and Mason's monday night (and I am so grateful) because I had lab early the next morning. So it saved me some time and gas money driving to provo and back up. Lab went well - we had a cardiac patient simulation and learned about EKG's. The human body is amazing thats all I gotta say. And speaking of school... everyone and their dog has already heard this but I was just awarded two scholarships and a grand total of $8,300. I aint lying when I say Ive never been more proud of myself. haha feels good to be getting my school paid for. 


Lots of rock climbing... 




Some freaking tough routes...


fun friends...


really pretty fall colors and sunsets...



adding on the layers because its getting chilly...


And lots and lots of bruises... 
no Im not in an abusive relationship - Im just getting beat up by rocks. 


My amazing hairdresser roommate - jesse - trimmed my hair for me. 
And then headed to stg. As usual. 


Sethy got his braces off. #stud


Hung out with A-aron and had a crazy dance party. 
We def bring out each others crackheadedness. 
Before ^ and After...


And now for the big event of the weekend... Marathon!! 


Shawnees first 26.2. Late June we were driving back from the lake and I told her she should sign up and run. So she did. Its been fun helping "coach" her the last couple months. Somewhat living my running dreams through her. 




Pre marathon snuggle party


Woke up bright and early. Shawnee even slapped me awake. Her alarm is usually on her right side but this time I was on her right side and the alarm was on her left so I got hit haha. 



I do love supporting my friends and family especially when it comes to running. I only cried a little on the drive home. Wish I could've gone to the starting line with them, but maybe one day. (really hoping) Honestly Im doing a lot better than in the past. Im definitely getting used to not being able to run (not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing) but every once in awhile it does hit me and it makes me pretty sad to remember how fun it was to be running all the time. But Im still good and happy, dont worry bout me y'all. 


Just a happy bearded dad


And a not so happy shawnee. I love how happy I am for shawnee and how much she hated me in this moment. This picture is epic and a perfect representation of the last 2 miles of the marathon. 



No one was going for any crazy PR this time around. Dad hit a solid 3:30. Shawnee hit a killer 3:36. I knew she would surprise herself. Proud of all of them. 





We sure do love marathon weekend. 


Homecoming for sethy. Homemade cafe rio at our place for the win. Oh and sheet cake. Mom out did herself. 


Conference with the fam. Good weekend all around. Oh happy days. 


And shout out to sethy for bowling a 278. yes you read that right - 2 freaking 78. This boy needs to go pro amiright?! 

Comments

Popular Posts