Welcome home!!

 Last week was spent in home sweet home. But first, I had my first lab of the semester! I really enjoy lab. I love learning new skills, but I kinda wish we could practice on each other instead of manikins. I would totally let my classmates stab me for an IV. Practice makes perfect. Our skills we practiced this last week were review for IVs and learning how to take care of central lines. 


This year we also have to get covid tested every two weeks to be allowed in lab and clinicals. I was tested wednesday - first time for me. It was a nose swab, but they had me do it myself, so I don't think I stuck it up as far as they wanted but oh well. For the record - I am negative. Drove home after lab and spent the weekend with family. Friday morning I went to work with dad for my second round of PRP injections. This time went 100x smoother than round one. I was given 2mg of versed and 50 mcg of fentanyl and dang I was so relaxed. Hard to explain how it, but I felt the pain of the injection just didnt really care. Super interesting to be the patient receiving these meds that Ive been working with for years now. My pain was hardly there the first few days which was nice. Round one, there was intense pressure and stiffness. The soreness hit me around sunday, but Im grateful for medicine thats for sure. Might be the wimpy way out, but It sure does make things easier. That afternoon we met up with the family at the airport to welcome home george! Crazy how fast time has gone by. The last time we were at the airport we were dropping off drew :') 



Weird having him home, but its good to have him back. On sunday we had cake and ice cream at Kyle's house and it was a little different seeing george across the room. Feels like he never left, yet feels like he's new to the fam?? weird. Speaking of missions - drew is doing well. He hits 7 months this week which is pretty insane. 


DQ with the fam. We spent the weekend playing a lot of beat saber, going bowling (I hit a strike on the red pin so I get a free game woohoo), watched movies, visited family and went shopping with mom. I love coming home. I drove back up here to orem on monday afternoon...


Trying to eat dinner peacefully, but no, freaking winston has to come and scare the crap out of me. I will never have a house pet...ever. ew. Shawnee actually came over and we hung out for a while because we hadnt seen each other in four days!! haha. Life is good fam. Realizing how everything just falls into place. Thank goodness the lord knows better than I do! A few semesters ago when I was rejected from DSU's program I was crushed - a very very sad beat up laynee. Little did I know I would be way better off moving up north and going to SLCC. Now, I am seriously so grateful I didnt get into Dixie that first time. We may think we know what is best for us but boy we have no clue. Im very happy how things are and that my Heavenly Father leads me to where I need to go! (even if he lead me to being roommates with a cat lady)

Comments

Popular Posts