Nothing too new...

Just the usual - school, chillin, hanging with friends and repeat. I went on a couple dates this week that were pretty fun. I aint gonna say no to a free dinner... duh. I also had lab again this week which was super fun. We learned about blood administration and how to place an NG tube. It was super nice actually learning new things. The past little bit in lab has just been a review of things we already learned or things I already knew because of my experience so I really enjoyed this week's class. Other than that this week I went to institute, played around in the mountains, played lots of beat saber, headed to some hot springs with the boys and may or may not have had a breakdown dealing with how messy my roommates are - gotta love it. Ok but on the real (let me rant for a sec), my roommate cooked some rice for lunch. Well I'm coming into the kitchen as she is leaving and my feet immediately have rice sticking to the bottom of them. I was so frustrated. BUT THEN - the garbage was over filling and there was sticky stuff all over the floor and wall by the garbage that I had to freaking clean up. DID I MENTION - the sink was full all freaking week. I swear no one did their dishes this week, so I woke up saturday morning and was so dang angry. Like the kind of frustrating anger that brings you to tears. I sent a nice text (I wish it was in me to be meaner..) to the group message telling them they need to clean the dishes because its making it difficult for me to do my dishes. I should've told them how disrespectful and immature they are for not being able to take 5 minutes to clean up after themselves, but I didnt. Anyways - rant over. On a more positive note, the hot springs were way rad. We headed to the spanish fork canyon and made it to the trailhead. Its about a 7 mile round trip hike. We hiked through the snow for a while and once we got close enough you could tell. The sweet smell of rotten eggs. blahg. 


It looks cold, but I was actually pretty hot in all my layers. 


By the time we got to the springs it was dark so Im excited to go back in the day and see what they look like. I hopped in the first one and my oh holy mother of pearl it was so dang hot. At first I thought it was the initial sting of going from cold to hot, but no. Guys, I thought my skin was going to burn off. So we hopped in the next one over - still super hot, but you got used to it. These springs were so hot that tanners legs were red all last night. Hopefully they are better this morning, yikes. We hiked around in our swimsuits, barefoot in the snowy mud and found some other springs. 


Made some hot coco


You would think it was miserable to get out and have a freezing cold hike back to the cars, but it wasnt. You are seriously so hot that it feels good to get out. It was snowing while we were swimming around so this is what our clothes looked like haha. 


And a blurry pic of my frozen hair on the hike back. 
And y'all my back didnt even hurt too bad with all the hiking. I tried to be super careful to not slip and I did pretty much fall a few times, but Im good. I thought for sure I would hurt today, but so far so good. WOohoo, Progress!


We got back a little after 11pm and we were all starving. SO we made some breakfast for dinner and it was the BOMB. I was in charge of waffles, tanner the bacon and Joshua made some mountain man mash with potatoes, eggs, onion, antelope and cheese. We out did ourselves. Well thanks you two for tuning in. The parentals leave for vacay today so Im coming down in a few days to watch the boys. Ready for some stg time!!


Comments

Popular Posts