Woof

 For some reason when I think about this past week the word that comes to mind - woof. Lots of emotions this week good and bad, but sheesh Im tired. I was just writing in my journal and I had actually written in my journal 3 days ago, but dang that feels like forever ago. So anyways - WOOF. To start the week I headed back into DPS, not to work, but to get more needles in my bum. With my new MRI showing a worsening of sacroiliitis in both SI joints we have decided to do a series of PRP injections. I was excited. Im always excited to receive a new treatment plan and just get it rolling. Charo, did a wonderful IV and I love watching the blood just get pulled from my arm - Im weird I know. I helped her prep everything for my blood to be spun. I anxiously got on the table and holy heck. Im sure its the fact that my SI joints are more tender than ever, but wowie that hurt. Honestly probably some of the worst pain Ive ever felt. Placing the needle was painful but when the PRP was pushed into the joint it was just an overwhelming feeling of stiffness. Somewhat like I had no movement at all in the joint and also like my joint was just going to burst from all the pressure. Summary of the story - it hurt. But I did it. After the injections were done the stiffness didnt go away so I layed there for a minute or so. Then the tears came. Tears have been coming a lot recently if you didnt know, its the best. I wasnt necessarily crying of pain, but just the anger and sadness that I was even having to go through this at all. I would say my pain has caused more emotional exhaustion than anything. I hate being the person that says "why me?" but sometimes its hard not to think that. Mom cheered my up with some Jersey mikes and everything is fine. I had soreness for a few days, but Im doing ok now. 


Sterile field, my blood just chillin and charo coming in hot with some saline.
 Im so stoked to be a nurse. Speaking of blood and being a nurse - Grandma had a couple skin tags she wanted removed. She asked me to do the honors and duh I said yes. 


I gathered some supplies and headed to grandma's. It was kind of fun cutting off the little buggers. If you look close you can see the bandaids and my mini surgical blade. Just call me nurse LJ. I forgot to mention after my PRP I had an appointment with an energist. I was referred to her by some coworkers because I had mentioned just not feeling myself recently. Well Im not going to lie I didnt know what to expect and I didnt really believe that anything real was going to happen, but I tried to keep an open mind. Janeal, the energist, had me lie down on the bed and just as you imagine she was lightly tapping and holding certain spots of my head. Throughout the hour she felt all my chakras (Im not exactly sure what those are). It was actually super interesting. I hadnt told her anything about me or my history. A couple things she found: a "trauma" in my head due to a fall, she saw some family on the other side looking over me as well as Aussie (this one made me tear up a little), she saw inflammation and edema in my SI joints, a fear of deep breathing and my trust issues with my hips. Kinda crazy. One of the craziest things was the heat radiating from her hands. As she placed her hands on me, I felt like a heating pad was on me. The warmth was crazy. It was cool to have someone on the outside see what my body has been going through on the inside. Super interesting. She also noted my aura is gold and green. I just read up about what that means and its pretty cool. I did feel like I left there a little more lighter if that makes sense. Less weight holding me down. IDK. Next up is the highlight of the week. I had a hair appointment. Kind of my first ever real hair appointment. I told dallas, my hairdresser, I just wanted a trim and some highlights. Well as I was sitting in the chair staring at myself and my long A hair I realized how ugly my hair was. SO I told her I actually wanted to cut a little more than planned. 


Super great before photo but like I said - ugly. 


So, happy laynee ended up chopping 10 inches and I forgot how much I love having short hair. It really isn't that short, but it feels so good to not have that extra 10 inches of nasty hair. I spent the rest of the week packing, leaving the fam, driving, moving, cleaning and unpacking. FUN stuff. Kam is the best. He got me this apartment, the last girls room left in the whole building. He also helped me move in and figure everything out. 


I got my keys and we headed up to my room. I opened the door to see a black man in the living room. At first I thought I was in the wrong apartment, but nope he's just a boyfriend of one of my roommates. He's actually really nice and he's over all the time hah. I was also welcomed with an over filling trash can, dishes everywhere and it stunk. Yay. Shawnee came to join the party and we parked my car in my own private parking spot.


She is also a saint for cleaning and helping me unpack. It has officially been three days living here and I have met/seen 1 of my 3 roommates. One is out of town I think and the other is always in her room either blasting music or singing very loudly. To be honest I haven't been too impressed and its been a little rough but things will get better. It is nice to live close to friends so I can escape the smelly apartment. 


Me and shawnee made a tiktok recipe - sweet potato pizzas. they were nasty haha. I had pizza with the plant siblings last night and then played card games with Josh, Tanner and friends. So yes, Im doing ok, Im surviving I just cant hang in my apartment for too long. 


One of the best parts about living here is the gym. Shawnee and I worked out yesterday morning and it is way nice. Even better its less than a minute walk from my room and its open 24 hours. There are also other amenities like the dance room pictured above. We went there after the gym to do core, stretch and dance duh. There is also a cycling room, a music room, a movie theatre room, a pool and hot tubs, a fire pit, a zen room and lots of other stuff. It seriously feels like I live in an all inclusive resort. I have gotten lost a couple times though because this place is so dang big. Thats about it for the week. I start school on tuesday and I get to meet the family I'm nannying for on wednesday so I'm excited. Time to get ready for 3:30 church woohoo! 


random picture of Jack with his new glasses anti fogger thing. 
Miss you guys lots. And happy birthday to my Dad. I look up to you a ton dad. Wish I could be home eating some cake with y'all, but see ya in a few weeks! (or probably over FaceTime) 

Comments

Popular Posts