High school reunion ?!

 This week has flown by. Seriously, thinking back on this week I was in st. george the first half and that seems like forever ago! Well thursday I had a full day of school - speaking of school I have like 3 more weeks of classes then FINALS!! I feel like just yesterday was my first day of nursing zoom classes, now Im almost one semester closer to being a dang nurse! sheesh Im excited. After classes, I packed my stuff and drove back up north. I stopped in provo for a little get together with some high school friends. We ate fries, played pool, golf and a little basketball. Low-key schooled the boys in lightning, until it was down to just me and Kale. I blame my back. Once Im better though, y'all better watch out. 


I'd say we still look pretty dang good for being old now. I haven't seen some of these people in over 4 years! And it seems like just yesterday we were tearing up the XC courses together. 


Never knew someone could look so dang good modeling in front of a golf screen. #kaletrain
Friday was dedicated to school. Didn't do too hot on my test, but ya win some and ya lose some. Saturday Shawnee and Bryson came over and hung out for a little bit. We talked politics, school and the good ole days. 


This is the selfie Dad received after asking what I was up to. We were just heading to provo to chill for the night and we blasted christmas music the whole way there. Grateful for good friends like shawn. Friends that feel more like family than friends. Later that night I drove over to josh's place. Highlight of the night was heading up provo canyon and shooting some guns. It was cold and snowy but so much fun. He took out his 22 rifle and I was shooting first. Duh I know how to shoot this gun, Ive shot it a million times. Joshua handed me the gun and told me hold it tight and lean forward because it has a pretty hard kick. I was like no it doesn't! He then makes up some fancy name for it making me think its not your ordinary 22. So then Im getting nervous. Ive never shot a gun that has a strong kick so I told him Id rather if he shot it first so I can see how it is. He tells me Ill be fine and makes me go first. I was nervous y'all! So I find the glass jar Im aiming for and pull the trigger. And there was NO freaking kick. I was bout ready to slap that kid. I was so mad that I had gotten so nervous. It was pretty funny though. And I totally shattered the jar so watch out Im pretty decent with a gun. Packed up our stuff and with frozen fingers headed back to the car. 



Our next stop was WinCo to get stuff for oreo shakes. The boys had to wear my floral masks, they didnt love them but I think the floral suites them. Sunday I headed back to provo to go to church with kammeron. This cute little asian guy gave a really good talk. He spoke on gratitude, which I love the topic of gratitude, but he also talked about how our actions need to be reflecting our words. This hit me. I know Im grateful for A LOT, but are my actions really reflecting the things I say I'm grateful for. When I pray and thank god for living prophets who guide us in these difficult times, am I really taking the opportunity to turn to and study the words of our apostles everyday? Definitely something that made me reflect on my life and how Im doing, because I am grateful for so much, but I can always do better at showing that gratitude rather than just saying it. I love being able to go to church every week. Meeting new people, taking the sacrament and getting good slap in the face of what I need to work on. I stopped in at shawnees for a little bit, but the snow just kept coming down so I figured I better get back home before it got worse. Let me just say this was first time ever driving in snow. It was coming down pretty hard and everyone on the freeway was driving about 40 mph. I couldn't see the lines on the road so I just stuck right behind this semi-truck. A little nerve-wracking, but I made it home safe. Im just glad it wasnt slippery. Well life is pretty ok at the moment. Just got news we aren't supposed to see anyone but the people you live with for the next two weeks. Sorry governor, but that's not ok. I got things to do and I will not be stuck alone in my house the next two weeks. Man, this world. 


Comments

Popular Posts