ups and downs

 This week I headed back down to st george. Man I love that place. I headed down monday after I did some homework. I spent the week doing school, playing phase 10, hanging out with the family, visiting pine valley and I had my second micro needling appointment. 


I know... oompaloompa


Jack crushed his race! He raced really smart - just like his older sister ;)


Spent friday afternoon in pine valley. Took a bike ride from the burgess home to the rebel home and man I knew it was gonna be a good uphill but dang it was tougher than I thought it was going to be.  B-ama made us some homemade tomato soup which made dad happy. 



The back up north I went. Here is where the "down" comes into play... school is awesome. I love it and I have loved my last two labs. We get to learn new things and practice our skills for hours - no pressure. This lab was different. I had different instructors this time. We paired up with another student and we were given a patient with a scenario. We were ordered to administer certain medications, place an IV and catheter. Ok doesn't seem too hard. Well then our patient starts throwing up, possibly aspirating, BP dropping and an infection going systemic. WTFreak. I don't know what to do. Me and my partner recognized a few things like not administering the antihypertensive and making sure the patient is sitting up to decrease risk of aspiration BUT thats about it. First of all my mind blanked because so many things happened at once I had no clue what to do and if I went to do something it wasnt the right thing to be doing at that point. I guess I just haven't learned what is priority in an emergency setting like that. My instructor wasnt helping at all either... she would just sassily ask us questions that we did not know the answer to yet. We are FIRST semester students who have been in school a flipping month! thanks lady. I pretty much left that class yesterday feeling pathetic and stupid. It sucked. I was exhausted from the early drive up and then THAT so I just cried all the way home and felt defeated.  I made myself some dinner, watched a sad movie and then made some tiktoks to get over it all but seriously making students feel dumb is the last way to ever teach them. lame. Its fine though because I know ill learn all that one of these days and it'll be fine. It was just a big slap in the face that I wasnt ready for. On the bright side, I went to my ward today and really enjoyed it. I met some girls who seem nice. And there's a good looking dude who drives a motorcycle (sorry bout it mom&dad). Anyways it felt good to meet new people. One girl is actually leaving to Ukraine for ILP in January! I'm jealoussss. Any who, ups and downs of life... gotta love it. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts