Channeling my inner cowgirl

Howdy y'all. This weekend was spent in Emery County with my friend Erin and her family. Erin and I have had some crazy times together and ever since she was diagnosed last year we've only seen each other a couple times. We FaceTime a lot, but it was so good to spend the weekend with her. She dropped me a pin of the wedding venue (her sister's wedding reception was friday night). So I was driving and seriously I was out in the boonies! so I texted erin..."I hope I'm going the right way" she responds with "If you follow the location Im sure you'll be good. Its out in the middle of nowhere" so I was following the location and I was in the middle of nowhere so I kept going. I asked her if i was supposed to take the dirt road and she said yes. Well I came to a gate on the dirt road and I legit saw no one. like I was really questioning why they would have a wedding all the way out here! so I called her and come to find out I drove legit 45 mins past the wedding place. We still don't know why her phone sent me the location in the middle of the desert, but it did. So I turned around and she met me in a church parking lot where I hopped in the car with her. At least I still made it for part of the reception. I met the family, ate some food and cried when Katelyn danced with her dad. Then we sent the couple off! The rest of the night was spent cleaning up and putting the wedding gifts away. 


Fall colors!! I haven't experienced fall since living in kentucky!


At the wedding ^ and while putting away the presents at the house... the boys had apparently been their first and decorated lol


The next morning we visited the farm. I had no clue pigs were so massive. AND one the pigs had had babies the night before. They were so cute, I wish I couldve held one. We were planning on riding some horses and four wheelers, but because erin is on blood thinners her doc told her to not do anything stupid, so we'll have to do that another time. We did get to go driving out the San Rafael Swell though. We packed our lunches and got to hike around for a little bit. We saw some dinosaur tracks and indian paintings. 





Not gonna lie Erin lives in a pretty ugly place, but a 30 minute drive out of town and its a lot prettier. That afternoon we chilled, visited the farm again. and then we made tiktoks all night long. I so wish I could post videos on here!


We drove to the local ponderosa grill to grab some takeout... erin's parking job. She gets out of the car and says "people probably think Im a crackhead" 



and last but not least a mid tiktok selfie. I love seeing my friends!! Sunday morning I drove home and went to a random ward. It was good, but hopefully my actual ward is super cool. Then I spent the afternoon watching aladdin on disney plus and making dinner. Living the college dream. 

Comments

Popular Posts