patience young padawan

welp. I would say this has been an above average week. Ive been working full time which is teaching me a lot and making me feel very much like a real adult. Lets just say summer is not as fun when you work 8-5, but the payment is nice. So anyways pretty good week. Friday May 15th was the day I found out if I had been accepted into DSU's nursing program. Since I was at work all day I had actually kind of forgotten about it. Well I got off work and as I was walking down the stairs I remembered what day it was. My heart immediately started pounding. I had been rejected once and I knew how hard that was for me. This time around I had prepared myself a little better for another let down I guess. I have other schools I applied to this time and if I didn't make it into any of them I had the whole semester to travel and reapply for spring. So this whole time of course I really wanted to get in - no one likes the feeling of rejection - but I was trying to make myself be ok if there was another rejection. Does that make sense? Well anyways I got to my car and the internet was taking what felt like forever. My email took me to another link - heart still pounding - it finally loaded. I see the word congratulations and no joke just happy tears. I was stoked. (happy tears feel a lot better than the sad tears I had about 9 months ago). Im not even sure if ill choose to stay at Dixie, but the fact that I am starting school this fall, no matter what else happens, is just awesome. Ive been waiting for this for years now and I am so looking forward to finally starting this journey. I hated the day I wasn't accepted, but there's lots to learn.


celebrated at Texas Roadhouse with the family. We even dined in! They didnt have any fillets for us, so we got to try something new... prime rib for dad and sirloins for the rest of us. 
Saturday morning Drew, dad and I woke up early (4am) and headed to Zion. We picked up Shawnee and drove up to west rim. The boys ran all the way and us girls just hiked out 3 miles and turned around. Baby steps for me. Duh I want to be running the whole thing, but I was just grateful to be able to hike the first little part. This has definitely been another trial that is testing my patience, but hopefully, like nursing school, this time of recovery will make running even that much sweeter. 






And of course we ended the morning with our favorite - Oscar's. 
Oh and I may have thrown the squirrel a bite or two of my laffytaffy. He's was pretty stoked to have that for breakfast, I could tell. We love zion and are sure glad its open again. 


Drew and Lauren had a little senior ball with some friends since school got canceled. Glad they could have one last shabang with their buddies. Oh and the boys wanted me to curl their hair so ... ya. 


Drew rocking the grandma look. 
Last but not least... random pictures of the week


This is how I found my brothers one morning as I was leaving for work. Jack huddled in a ball, with the fan on, no covers and pretty much naked. I got a good laugh when I saw jack. And then seth... slept walk downstairs and snoring on the couch as Im making breakfast. Oh and please notice He got fully dressed for the day in his sleep. Alright thats it for this week. ✌️

Comments

Popular Posts