another week, another blog

A very mediocre blog, but I figure a) I need to get back in the habit of regular blogging and b) these random pictures and memories will be forgotten if I don't post about them. Last monday my dad and I took a very last minute trip up to Salina. We had worked the morning in Mesquite and once we got home around noon we grabbed some food and headed right back in the car for a 6ish hour drive. Salina was our road trip destination because that is where our cow was butchered so we needed to go pick up our beef. Oh man, that was something else. City folk just don't get it! We pull up to this old house and as we walk in we are covered in flies and see a dead chicken carcass off to the side of the house. We walk in and see the butcher in his office with a bloody apron and cow guts all over his gloves. I was so shook. Between seeing that and the smell of animal blood filling the office I had no idea how people could ever work in a place like this haha. But Im sure glad they do because now we have our freezers stocked with meat. Another plus of this trip was filling up our gas tank for $1.14 a gallon. What the heck. That's something ya don't see everyday... or ever!


Tuesday drew graduated!! kinda! He walked through the DH and mom and dad were the only ones allowed to go support him, kinda sad. But we are super proud of him and now on to bigger and better things!


As for the rest of the week it was pretty chill. I visited Dr. Tye for my back. I was given some stretches and exercises to do each day. I also got a couple X-rays that showed a little compression on my L5 but hopefully over the next few weeks I can strengthen my muscles so they can support my again. 


We've been spending a lot of days out in the pool and nights in the hottub. 


And to end this 10/10 blog here are some random pictures of the week: jack peacefully sleeping as I go to work in the morning and a sneak peak of drew's senior/ mission pictures. 
Oh! also I finished the semester! HOLLA! online school sucked but I made it through and with a 4.0! Now lets hope I get into nursing school next semester!!


Comments

Popular Posts