Party like its 2020

I feel like just yesterday I graduated high school, but nope! This week it was drew's turn to walk through the DH. He gave an awesome speech at his virtual ceremony, had a rad party and a super awesome parade. Personally, the festivities this week made up for the virtual graduation. It was super cool to celebrate the 2020 graduates all week long. 



These pictures are from a couple weeks ago since they needed time to edit the video. It is kind of sad that I wasnt allowed to come see him graduate or give a speech at the burns arena, but we gotta follow rules I guess. Either way... #proud


Mom threw a killer party with all the fixin's - chickfila nuggets, 
crumbl cookie and mini bundt cakes. 



We love a good excuse to gather our fam and friends




Hard pic obvi - Next celebration was the parade. These pictures are my favorite, I mean look at how happy these boys look....




Well I think thats enough of drew for now... We love ya Drewby and are super proud of you and all you've accomplished. Best student body president that has ever been through Dhills - probably though. Well in other exciting news, my best friend Erin was declared cancer free!! Seriously typing that makes me so so happy (and emotional). About a year ago she was diagnosed and I remember how devastating it was to hear. Not that she just had cancer, but that it was really bad. Like stage 4 bad. I cried for DAYS. Why her? I remember just hearing worse and worse news from her, but for some reason she was so strong. I still remember Facetiming her when she told me the doctor gave her 15% chance of living. I was bawling my eyes out but she said "Guess what, Im strong so damn straight I'm going to be that 15%" And looky here... 10ish months later she's doing a freaking backflip into the pool! I should've known if anyone can beat it, it would be her. She still has some chemo and radiation "just in case" but we couldn't be happier with how far she's come. I got to rub some sunscreen on her shiny bald head and we swam, grabbed our favorite burgers from the Habit and of course had a dance party on airport hill. It was a super fun saturday to party like our good ole college days haha. 


Oh and the boys failing at making a four person tower. 


You'll have to zoom in on this picture, but train down the slide for the win. 
And look at how blessed we are to live in beautiful Stg. wow


bike ride. Sorry erin, I hope you weren't too sore the next morning. 



Fun night. Very grateful to have people in my life like erin. 
Last but not least - memorial day! nothing too crazy just a bike ride out on Bear Claw Poppy. SO much fun and no one got hurt!! Thank you Quarantine for getting our fam into mountain biking. 



found this little guy in the middle of the trail - Im praying he is still alive and wasn't ran over. Love finding wildlife out in the desert. 


Welp - life is good. Most the time. I was talking to a friend this past week and we were talking about how deceiving social media is. Everyones life looks perfect. And its so easy to get down on yourself when your life isn't perfect. We know no one is perfect, but for some reason we still trick ourselves into thinking others have it so good 24/7. I guess its just important to know everyone struggles. So be nice and don't be too hard on yourself when you are having an off day. Just some of my thoughts from this week that I myself need to work on. Life is good though, don't forget it. 

Comments

Popular Posts