There is beauty all around

Started off the week kickin it back to the good ole days with mom. Apparently when I was young, me and mom would go grocery shopping and eat a small lunch at the harmons cafe place.  We would get some potato wedges and a chicken breast, so we did the same thing this week. Harmons is actually a way cheap and good place to eat, I love it. 


Thursday night me and the gals hit up 25 main for a cupcake. 
Then we messed around at urban renewal. 



Friday night the cole family came to watch drew's soccer game.  
Baby clawson is a little chunky monkey and these pictures were him trying to eat my phone. 



Saturday morning me and dad got up bright and early to run the ironman half marathon course. Im on an ironman relay team this year so I figured I should probably get to know the course. Turtle hill is a killer, but it was fun. After running out the first half, its all down hill from there, literally.  Im excited for May 5th! Next on the to do list was to watch drew run the 800 medley.  Sadly, the meet ran a little late, as usual, so I wasn't able to see him run, but mom took a video and dang he did awesome!  Pretty impressive first place especially when he doesn't train. Proud of him and I hope it's not the last 800 he runs! Next stop - Page!  Me and the girls were planning on this little trip last thursday, but of course it decided to rain so we had to reschedule. We drove down and made it safely to Page.  We had a couple hours before our check-in time so we stopped in at the famous Horseshoe Bend.  It was crawling with people and it was super windy, still super pretty though!  I just wish I could've been down kayaking with all the little people at the bottom!










We had some lunch and enjoyed the view until we headed over to Lower Antelope Canyon!  We checked in and looked around until 4 pm when our tour guide, Jason, took us out to the canyon. I had no clue what to expect. I have seen pictures before but i didn't know how long the hike would be or what the tour guides were even for.  the hike was probably a mile or less, but the tour took about an hour and a half.   Jason was the coolest tour guide. He showed us the best picture angles, filters and the different formations throughout the cave. He told us cool stories and facts and took pictures of everyone in the group. Even though he showed us the best filters... I dont believe in using filters so all these pictures are real. Around every corner I was in awe!  I was mind blown. Definitely one of the coolest hikes around. 


Just about to enter the canyon

















This is us getting out of the canyon and the view from the top. You would never even think a beautiful canyon was hidden in that little crack. So worth the fee to get into this hidden beauty.  


Comments

Popular Posts