Random acts of Blogness.

For the past couple of weeks, the boys have been participating in the mini mission week.  Drew was called to Spain and seth was called to Milan, Italy.  Our house was Scotland so we had three missionaries come and eat with us and share a lesson on the plan of salvation.  Ive done mission week before and it was super fun to be on the other side this time.  We had a nice meal of beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, turnips and bread.  I did try the turnips...they lasted about 2 seconds in my mouth before I grabbed a napkin. Drew apparently had it worse though. He had a traditional meal called paella.  It's a mix of rice with shrimp, oysters and mussels.  After eating that drew says he'll be good to serve anywhere. 



Classic Scotland hats. 


Seth eating with his companions. 
That night we celebrated seth's birthday with mom's homemade cheesecake. 




Random picture of jack goofing off during scripture study...typical. And yes, thats my hair. 
It's been about 8 months since seth's team played in San Bernadino, but they are still getting praise for their performance.  On Thursday afternoon, the boys were invited to run out onto the field with the DSU baseball players before their game. Pretty cool for these boys getting to hang with the college players for awhile. Bad pictures, but proof it happened.



Friday night I hot tubbed with some friends and Saturday me and the schimmys made lunch and went to the animal shelter. Yes, I know, I don't usually like cats or dogs but shawnee needed service hours so I joined. So first, we made a pinterest lunch.  We made some good pizza quesadillas and homemade fries.  We headed to the st. george animal shelter but they were pretty busy so we headed to Ivins.  They let us in to hangout with the cats for awhile, what a joy.  I sat in the corner for the first little bit and just watched.  Until good ole Titan, the black cat, jumped on my lap. Lucky me. I did pet him and it wasn't too awful, but I will still NEVER own one. Lex one the other hand is the cat queen and she was in heaven. 





After the animal shelter I headed to seth's baseball game.  I thought everything was ok but it wasn't.  All of a sudden my tongue started swelling and itching. I felt like I had sand in the back of my throat and it was one of the weirdest feeling ever.  My mom laughed a little, handed me an allergy pill and told me Im probably allergic to cats. Hahah. I guess Ive never been around them enough to know.  Now I have a good reason to never own one.  Seth's team won and they even coached themselves.  Apparently they played super lazy the day before so Coach Mcarthur decided they needed to learn a good lesson.  They coached themselves and had to be where they were needed without being told.  I was super impressed with the boys and I think they actually enjoyed it. 


Last but not least, I was able to be one of many to attend Bryson's mission call opening.  He probably had a third of the highschool at his house, no joke.  It was packed but it was a super sweet opening.  His dad gave a quick speech before and pretty much said if he gets called to brazil, he wins the guessing game.  Well Bryson gets called to Porto Alegre, Brazil; the exact same mission as his dad.  The two have a mini freak out as they cry and hug each other.  Super cool experience.  No coincidence in where the lord calls his missionaries.  It blows my mind. 


Bryson's house was at max capacity.  


He leaves two days after my birthday, and I know he'll kill it out there. 
Today I had one class then I helped mom paint grandma's front room.  Never knew painting was such hard work, but it was good and the front room is finally looking decent again. haha. 


I know I said I don't like animals, but these two are the only ones I actually enjoy being around
Good week and one more week closer to spring break!
p.s. title credit goes to dad. 


Comments

Popular Posts