Chawn

It all started three summers ago.  I was sick of running, so I quit.  I didn't go to practice for over a month, until my neighbor down the street decided to take advantage of my newly earned license.  She asked for rides to practice every morning.  Sometimes I would show up and other times I would sleep in.  This dreaded summer morning routine was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. 
My dear friend shawnee was born 18 years ago today.  And boy oh boy am I grateful.  Im grateful because A. she got me to go to practice again and B. because a little sophomore and an intimidating junior were able to become friends. Since then we have grown a garden, been to quite a few national  parks, successfully completed an all-nighter, obsessed over stranger things, talked about too many cute boys and have created a pinterest board with over 2000 memes.  I would say that's a pretty successful friendship right there.  Happy happy birthday Shawn! <3 you. 


To start off the birthday, I ditched english (sorry olga) and went to the pine view track meet to watch the team race.  Everyone did really well and we all got sunburnt. Later that night I went to The Green Iguana with the Schimbeck fam for shawnees birthday dinner.  Super good and we made sure to embarrass the birthday girl.  After stuffing our belly's at dinner we headed home for some DQ ice cream cake.  I was so full, but ya can't say no to ice cream cake.  



After chilling at the schimbeck house for awhile, me and shawn headed to my house for her birthday present.... A Fish!  It's name is fijmin. cute little dude.  Now we both have our own little fish to take care of.  Such adults. 



Hope today was a good one chawnbomb and please don't kill fijmin like you did our garden :) 





Comments

Popular Posts