Weekend in Oregon

Ok so Oregon has been a place Ive kinda been wanting to visit for a little while now, and I was finally able to go!  It all started at 4am Friday morning when I was rudely awaken to my alarm, well no surprise here I turned it off and went back to bed (I had only gone to bed 3.5 hours before) but knowing that I would do that, I set two alarms and was out of bed by around 4:10. I had showered and packed the night before so I got dressed and packed a few last minute things and was to the school around 4:40. We left at 5 am to vegas and hopped on a plane around 7 am which took us to Portland Oregon. It was beautiful there. Especially this time of the year, the trees were all different colors and it was so pretty. It was definitely a little chillier than what us st. georgians are used to tho. Our first stop was The Screen Door. A cute little restaurant, famous for their brunch, that was recommended to me by one of my co workers.  It was PACKED!  There were so many people it was insane.  We finally got in and me and the girls all ordered Mac'n cheese ( Thats what Candace told me to get) and then we shared some fried chicken.  BEST MAC N CHEESE EVER.  It was so good. Now I know why candace dreams of this stuff.  so definitely recommend eating at the screen door. Next stop was VooDoo Doughnuts.  This place has been on my bucket list for quite a long time now.  Its this super ghetto looking, pink building in the middle of portland but boy oh boy they make some killer doughnuts.  The doughnuts I ordered were called Voodoo Bubble and Old Dirty Bast***.Without a doubt, they were the tastiest, richest, best, filling doughnuts Ive ever eaten. Everyone needs to try these doughnuts, they will change your life. Next stop was the course. We did a shake out run and it was freezing. also I felt so sick because of all the junk I had been eating but oh well. That night we hung out at the hotel. Watched HGTV, walked around and found some homeless people and a waterfall then we met up with the team at apple bees for dinner. Pretty awesome start to the weekend.



Already want to go back!



We definitely had the best group, car, and driver. Got to cruise oregon in a nice Charger. 


I told you it was ghetto looking. 




Unreal. 





As you can tell, we love this place. 


Exploring around the hotel we found ponds, waterfalls, bridges, and homeless people. Good times. 
Day 2 of Oregon was RACE DAY! Last race of the season HALLELUJAH!  This season was very hard at some points and by hard I mean I wasn't motivated so it was hard to wake up at 5:20 and go to practice.  Not gonna lie, I ditched a lot of practices and I probably didn't work as hard as I should have.  Luckily I love running enough to still go to practice most of the times. And these trips definitely make all the dreaded early mornings and late nights worth it. Still not sure if Ill do it next year, but Ill worry about that when it comes around.  Anyways last race of the season... didn't disappoint. I love racing. And I love racing in different conditions. Last race was in warm weather on a hilly, dirt course.  This race was totally opposite. Freezing cold (like 45 degrees), flat grassy course. The gun went off and I went out faster than usual, but me and my team were still in the very back of all the girls. Its all good tho because then throughout the race we just pass everyone. I finished 77th overall out of 230ish girls. 2nd for my team and a time of 22:50.  Not a bad way to end the season. I love love love racing and even though Im so pumped for the off season and trail running, Im already getting excited to crush it in track. 


Pre race bathroom selfie




traditional jumping picture 



random awkward pic but hey, WE DONE RACING!


The  whole squad


We pretended to steal the car and take it for a joy ride, Rodney couldn't have all the fun. 


Beautiful Oregon drive



Is this not the cutest mushroom ever. 


Lucky me got a window seat wootwoot. Flew above the clouds and watched the sunset on the way home. Life's rad. 


Comments

Popular Posts