Bryce Canyon!

Pretty normal week overall... thursday night was free fiesta fun for all DSU freshmen, which sounds like a cool idea except the fact that its free and its college kids.  It was soo packed and the line for bowling, go karts, laser tag, and mini golf were all super long soo we hit at the batting cages for a little bit and then dipped.  We decided to hit up denny's because where else do you go at 11:30 at night?!  I shared some cheese fries and a shake with erin while the other girls got some chicken and quesadillas.  Definitely not healthy to eat a plate of cheese fries at midnight but hey thats what college is all about right!? No regrets... they hit the spot.


Friday night was our xc end of the year dinner/ banquet. We had olive garden soup and breadsticks.  Didn't care for the soup but the breadsticks were delish.  It was kinda boring but I got freshman of the year. #blest. Also I had a meeting with my coach this week about my plans for next year and I wasn't sure of my plans and as I was talking with him I mentioned might not coming back to the team next year.  Well that didn't bode well with him so long story short I guess I'm sticking around another year. Who knows, I might still lay the hammer down but we'll see. After the team dinner I finished up an essay and then binge watched stranger things. Ive been holding off on watching season 2 because I didn't want the anticipation to be over. I watched 6 episodes friday night and around 2 AM drew decided we needed to get to bed (I couldve kept going strong). 
The last couple days me and shawnee had been watching the weather to see if we could take a trip to Bryce Canyon but fridays weather wasn't looking too promising. Saturday morning we checked again and it look cold but sunny so we packed up and left around 10 AM.  This was my first time visiting this national park and I loved it!  The orange hoodoos and canyons with the green forests was incredible.  Yes it was about 39 degrees but oh well! We bundled up, played in the snow, hiked around, ate lunch and got attacked by a killer chipmunk, took some pictures and tried to stop at the gift shop but it was closed :(  For lunch I had a PBH sandwich, fruit snacks and some tortilla chips and humus!! My latest obsession is humus so I took a picture of it. 


We went to sunset/sunrise point, inspiration point, rainbow point etc. We really wanted to visit the natural bridge but we tried and the further we went up the icier the road got, so just to be safe we stuck to the lower hikes.  Don't worry we'll be back to visit the other hikes sometime in the spring. 


Adventure gals



We had a girl from france take this pic. Its always cool to see people from all over the world come to visit places that you live so close to. 









lol @gopropics




still wearin my handy dandy chacos in the snow 




I really wanted to climb out to the white rocks but shawnees mom instincts kicked in and wouldn't let me.  




So glad we were able to make the trip and see this beautiful place.  Another National Park checked off the list... I freaking love going to cool places with my buds. Its the best. 





Awesome day, but it doesn't end there!!! Once we got home we took an hour break from each other than we met back up and watched the last episodes of stranger things.  Shawn already finished the series like last week but she was down to finish it again with me.  So I was able to watch the last 3 episodes and Im already so sad its over.  #teamsteve Pumped for season three yayyy.  After stranger things we hopped in the hot tub and Life hack:  drizzle some liquid epsom salt in the jacuzzi and it turns a boring hot tub into a lit bubble bath lol.  


lol we may look naked but we aren't that weird. 


Good weekend and next week is THANKSGIVING!! What?! I feel like 2017 started like 2 months ago! Time flies...sadly. Like my good friend Ferris always says:
"Life moves pretty fast... If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it" 
Peace out for now!


Comments

Popular Posts