Weekend in San Fran

Ok. so. Running in college has had its ups and downs.  Waking up at 5:20 is definitely not my favorite thing in the world, also running again at 7:00 pm isn't always fun either.  But I will say meeting awesome friends, racing with them and being able to travel to fun places like San Francisco for FREE has most definitely made it worth it.  This weekend was our PacWest conference for cross country.  We traveled to vegas and hopped on a flight to san fran. arrived around 2:00 pm and got our rental cars, and hotel rooms figured out.  We then hurried and got ready for our big conference dinner.  All 12 teams gathered together to listen to a speaker, eat dinner, take pictures and have fun.  Me and my friends were starving and we were literally talking about this dinner all day! We were so excited.


Whole team at the dinner!




The girls. #fabfresh4

Dinner did not disappoint. I had some pasta with alfredo and chicken then we went back for seconds and I got some corn tortillas with beans and rice which was 10/10 as well. That night we headed back to the hotel and relaxed, bought some snacks, watched friends, had a team meeting and headed to bed.  The next morning we raced around 8:00am. We raced on the dedicated xc course called crystal springs, and it was rad. One of my favorite courses i've ever raced on.  The start of the race was one of the craziest things I've ever experienced in all my years of running. Straight downhill, loose gravel trail and over a hundred girls is kind of a scary combination.  The whole course was a dirt trail, my favorite.  It was also my first ever 6k. So, now it makes sense why it was my favorite race... hilly dirt trail 6k :) Super fun. I placed second on my team and 26th overall with a time of 22:50. I missed being all-conference by 5 places but thats ok, maybe next time. We also placed 4th overall as a team, making school history and beating out a top ten nationally ranked D2 school. Another successful race from the lady trailblazers lol. 


We have a traditional jumping pic that we take after every race... they always turn out super pretty haha. 


The girls. 


Random pic under the finish line. We think that McFarland might have been filmed here...


This is another pic we like to do.  We call them egg pics because the angle we take these selfies at makes us look like egg-heads. haha its weird, but it makes for good memories. 


We weren't going to race in San Fransisco without forcing our coaches to take us to some of the touristy spots. We didn't have too much time but we hit some must-see places. So once we got back to the hotel, we all rinsed off, got ready and packed up. Our first stop was lunch at a place called Mr. Pickles and it was a super good sandwich shop. Plus it had hot cheetos as one of the chip options so duh, it was good.  Next stop was the famous Golden Gate Bridge.  We were total tourists and took a bazillion pictures from every look out view there was but it was fun. So many people were there it was crazy. After about 20 minutes at the bridge, we drove over to ghirardelli square!!! I told my coaches we weren't leaving home until we stopped to get some goodies at ghirardelli square.  This place is heavenly.  This time at the front of the store they were handing out samples of the pumpkin spice chocolate  square and oh boy, that was delicious. I ordered the dark chocolate mint quake shake and it didn't disappoint.  We were in a rush to get to the airport but Im glad we were able to stop there for a quick treat.  San Francsico is one of my favorite cities.  I would hate to have to run up all the hills there but I love to look down the city streets and see all the close together buildings and hills there are.  The fun-filled weekend had to come to a close, we hopped on the plane and then drove home from vegas.  Super rad weekend and im excited for our next team trip to Oregon in 2 weeks! wootwoot! Anyways, got home a little after 11pm and hit the hay.  So grateful I have the ability and talent to run and for the experiences and opportunities it has given me. Peace out for now!






hahah I jumped too early. Failed jumping pic for sure. 


One of the many, happiest places on earth. 



Pure goodness.


The city. 

One last pic I just had to snag was of my coach... majestically napping on the flight to san fran haha. 











Comments

Popular Posts