FALL BREAK pt. 2

Friday the family decided to drive up to pine valley for the day and hike berger peak! I ran it a couple summers ago and didn't remember it to be too long so we were thinking about 5 miles round trip...well we were soo off... around 10 miles off. whoops, my bad!  We hiked, sang, hiked, stopped for snacks, played games, hiked some more, stopped for lunch and kept hiking.  With every turn the groaning in the back of the line became louder and louder so me and dad finally took off to hurry and get to the top. The rest of the fam kept hiking for a lil bit but then decided to just wait for us.  It took me and dad about 30 minutes to reach the summit after we broke off from the family.  It was a long, steep hike but it was so worth it! The view is incredible!  We didn't stay up top for too long but just enough time to take some pics and soak it all in.  I climbed this skinny rock to sit on for a picture and I think I almost gave my dad a heart attack but I had to do it for the picture lol.



On the way up, the fall colors were so pretty!







Made it to the top!






I would definitely recommend a gopro to anyone, they take the raddest pics. 




mid-running/falling down the mountain selfie.



So I love my chacos and going up the mountain they worked really well. Coming down was a different story.  They were cutting into my toes and rubbing my feet raw but thats alright, luckily I had some sock in my backpack that helped a bunch but that didn't stop my feet from getting hecka dirty.  Dad said they look like zombie feet haha. Super good day and awesome hike. So we later found the hike was about 16 miles round trip... I still don't think its that long but lets just say we all slept very well that night!



Comments

Popular Posts