Houston, we got a problem

 A busy, fun week this week has been. Now that its happy outside Im not just balancing school and work - Ive added in lots of time with friends, exercising a lot more (Im a lot more motivated when there isn't snow on the ground) and so forth. So that's what this week was... a little bit of everything. 


One of the highlights of the week was this!! Jesse wanted to take me to an arts festival down in Springville so as we were walking through town to the festival Jesse says "Reptiles?!" We just figured it was a reptile store and me being me, I made us go inside to check it out. Well it wasn't just a store... people were all just handling the snakes. Im talking like 20 different snakes just out and about the store with people and kids just playing with them. I had no clue what we had stumbled upon, but it was awesome. I kept wondering if we were crashing a kids birthday party, but I didn't care. Turns out this shop has open handling every Monday and Friday evenings. 


It was epic. 



This was probably my fav one that I held


I made Jesse be brave... 


She was still freaking out at this point, but hey we got a good photo. Quickly after she handed the snake back to me. She really didn't want to hold it at all, but Im a terrible friend and made her. Proud friend. 


They had an asian water monitor out too! I was literally next in line to hold it until he was getting too antsy so they put him away... I was bummed. 


Anyways - I will be back. And I want this little guy. We tried finding the arts festival next, but I guess jess had the wrong dates haha. So it would've been a bust of a trip to springville if we didn't find this reptile place! Next up was a new pizza place for dinner. Downtown provo, right on center street, is Fat Daddy's. Jesse had been and said it was good and Ive recently been wanting pizza like everyday so we headed there. When I tell you it was the best pizza ive ever had - I mean it. 



My mouth is watering looking at this and all I ever crave is freaking this pizza!! I hate that it's all the way down in provo... but maybe that's a good thing for me. Afterwards we walked around downtown provo and got little goodies to go so we could go home and watch a show with a little treat. We have too much fun together and Monday night was a freaking blast. The middle of the week consisted of, you guessed it, work!!!! And boy it was a busy one. I was supposed to be on nights this week, but we were so short staffed on days that they switched me. The hospital was completely full all week which is never fun. Plus, being short staffed just meant you are pretty much ran ragged for 12 hours. I also had a student for 2/3 days which can make things more exhausting as well. I had a step-down patient this week who was post-op bowel surgery for a small bowel obstruction. He was hooked up to step down monitoring which is continuous EKG, BP and pulse ox plus he had TPN running 24/7. His bowels decided to wake up day 2 of having him so all day long he would get hit every hour with runny runny diarrhea. Being hooked up to everything makes it hard to make it to the toilet in time as you can imagine. It was pretty tiring either running to help this man get to the toilet, or having to clean him up every hour. So yeah - work was work. Glad it's over with, except I go back tonight (boo). School has been busy too. I had the typical school things this week plus a decent sized paper I needed to get done. It hung over my head all week until I had time to start it on Friday night, worked on it Saturday morning and finished it just barely. I have two more weeks left of this class and then hopefully a break! I applied for a leave of absence for the next two months, but still haven't heard back from them. Hopefully it works out, because I really don't want to be doing pathophysiology while traveling and enjoying my summer. 


Speaking of enjoying summer... Luke Combs with the gals. A pretty perfect way to start off the summer. It was the nicest weather that evening and so fun to jam out to one of my favorite artists. 


We bought these tickets last fall before Erin was re-diagnosed. It's been a big ole question mark whether or not she would be able to make it, but it was always the goal. After she finished radiation it would all depend on when the docs would get her back on her chemo regimen that would determine whether she could come or not. It went back and forth for a little bit, but in the end they were able to schedule her chemo to work out perfectly. So her smallest week of chemo fell on this past Wednesday, therefore, she felt ok enough to come. Granted her hemoglobin came back so low this last week she'll probably get a blood transfusion next week, but hey miracles happen and she made it through the whole concert. We sat for a few of the slow songs, but honestly partied the rest of the time. Grateful Erin was able to come. She values living life to the fullest so I know it's the things like this that keep her motivated to keep going. 





Lots of pictures and even more videos that I can't put on here. Such a fun night and some dang good music. Shoutout to the VA for letting me park for free and having traffic not be such a headache for us. 


Sunday I drove Erin home. Instead of turning right back around I stayed for a little bit to shoot some prairie dogs and have Sunday dinner with her family. Two confirmed kills for me and few blood trails back into the holes. Good times on the farm. Well that's it folks. Summer just started and it's already flying by. I feel like Ive been waiting for forever for this concert weekend and now it's over with. Guess that's how life goes. In other family news... Jack got surgery this week. Yes, wisdom teeth last week and ear surgery, tympanoplasty, this week. He was pretty tired after anesthesia, but is recovering well. no running for a couple more weeks, but I think that'll be a good thing in the long run. Life is good. 

Comments

Popular Posts