A week in Stg

 There are many ups and many downs to my job, but one of my fav perks is being able to schedule myself a week off without actually taking anytime off. SO I just so happened to have a week off work and you know what that means... I booked it down south. This spring Ive been trying to work my schedule around Jacks track meets - I can't go to all of them, but I chose a few of my favs to come and see. Pineview track meet was this last weekend and it's always a hit for everyone that comes. All the up north teams come to see the sunshine and the spectators come for that same reason as well (me included). Jackie ran the 1600m the first day and was just off his PR by two seconds with a finishing time of 6:32. He still came in 2nd on his team. Saturday starts off with the 3200m which jack state qualified hitting a 9:48 (state qualifying is 9:50) and coming in first on his team. Great weekend of racing for Jack-a-bus and always a fun time watching him. 


We were able to sit right next to the hurst gals and hang with them at the meet. I could honestly watch track meets all day long. Erin is officially on a month break from chemo to focus on her radiation so hopefully this will give her immune system a chance to catch up and start to feel better. 


Jackie ice bathing in between races while the rest of us hot tubbed. 


We did a few dances. It was honestly a blast with jack all week. I was happy to have a sibling again and I think he was too, most of the time. 


Lots of random pictures but I saw my first four cybertrucks on the road in stg. They were probably the same one or two, but yes I saw one four different times. I still have yet to see one up north.


Jack and I hit up Dixie bowl and I promised him a treat for state qualifying - Icees were his choice of treat. 


Monday afternoon consisted of this killer bike ride. Green Valley loop - we've done it plenty of times and yes, it's a kicker every time, but adding in the wind of this week and boy that was one tough ride. Other than the wind it was a pretty day and Im definitely not complaining - I like a good workout and I would even say it was one of the highlights of the trip. Well that was my week in stg. Plus plenty of visits to see both grandmas, Costco shopping, got my hair did and walks with mom. Wednesday morning I headed back up I-15. Took a quick nap once I got home and then off to work that night. Pretty chill week of nights and one more week starting tomorrow. 


I got off my last night shift for the week, slept five hours then swapped my bum-wiping nurse life for my boujee botox nurse life. Grateful for my job and the opportunities it gives me. I feel blessed to not have to worry financially or even worry about not having a job or being needed in the future. It's a good feeling to know I can take care of myself forever. Well that's it. I slept five hours yesterday and 8 hours later I turned around and slept another 12 haha. My superpower is definitely sleeping. Well happy Easter - Im grateful for my savior, for his atonement and the knowledge I have of his love for me. Knowing Jesus Christ and his goodness gives me my everyday hope and strength and motivation to do better and be better. I love Him and I love y'all!

Comments

Popular Posts