Another winter spent in SLC

Warning... this will definitely not be a picture blog type week. Sadly, my time in St. George had to come to an end as I needed to return north for real life to start up. I started my next class for school this week. Over break I frequently mentioned my boredom and how ready I was for school and work to start again. (I feel like I spent my whole break doing absolutely nothing and just bugging mom the whole time to entertain me haha). As I looked over what my next two months would look like in this upcoming class I started to regret wishing away my break. This class is called Evidence Based Inquiry for Scholarship and Practice. Yes boring and lots and lots of papers. Its always intimidating looking ahead in a course and thinking there is no way Im going to be able to learn all the material and do all the assignments and pass the class, but I always seem to manage. SO just like always I'll be fine, but definitely back to being busy. Wednesday afternoon, Drew, Emma and I made the trek back up north with the cars full of Christmas goodies, our bags, and wedding gifts which included a couch. To add to the chaos there was a little bit of rain and snow to begin the trip from stg through cedar. We made it safely, unpacked everything, drew dropped me off at my house and then picked up a futon. He has spent the week settling into their new place and lives as a married couple. Exciting. As for me I started work back up on Thursday. Before the break, the effects of compassion fatigue were starting to wear me down. Two weeks off were the cure I guess, because I really enjoyed this week of work. The worst part was waking up before 6am after not waking up before 8am the last few weeks, but I got through it. The census was a little lower than it has been in awhile which was nice and it seems we cleared out all the crazy, sick patients we had before Christmas. I was charge the last two days of work and everything went super smooth. Glad to be back with the vets and feeling more rejuvenated in my compassion and motivation for caring for the patients. 


Quick intermission to break up the text with a picture of my new work shoes. They're cute and when I tell you Ive never gotten more compliments in my life for anything Im being honest. Im pretty sure everyone has told me how cute my shoes are. It's gotten to the point where my coworkers laugh when someone else compliments me and then they say "We know! Laynee has cute shoes!" haha. Plus they are comfy so win win for me. 


Last night me and Kels went to the movies. Definitely was not worth the hype of the movie, but oh well it was a girls night out and gave me something to do after work. Sunday was chill - a wonderful Sunday school lesson taught by karee and dinner provided by dremma. Winter has officially hit northern Utah. I guess people up here don't believe it's winter until it snows even though it's still in the 30s outside. Well they got their wish - it has been snowing pretty non stop for a couple days up here and yep I hate it. pretty, but also awful on all levels. So wish me luck. Well that's about it - love y'all. 

Comments

Popular Posts