One year older and wiser too...

 Hmmm this week... well earlier this week started out with riding horses which was on the last blog so lets start with mid-week working... From what I can remember work has been good. I had a patient this week who already had one leg cut off and just recently had an emergent surgery to chop the other. If I'm being real - he started out as a complete a**hole. But throughout the week he grew on me. He apologized for being rude and by my last shift I gave him a hug and wished him luck with everything. This week oddly enough we've had three trans-gender patients on our unit too. Im grateful for the opportunity I have to learn and grow everyday at work. I really never know what is around the corner when I walk in each morning, but its always an adventure. It is pretty awesome to take care of people who make such different life decisions than I do, and who believe different things than me yet I can come so close to in just a few days. 


After work on thursday I met up with these gals and we had a little sunset picnic at the park. Always good to catch up with them. 


A quick trim from Jesse Dean


Friday was all about Ashley! Wedding day for her and Ethan and I was lucky enough to be invited to the temple sealing - my very first. It was super special seeing them across the altar covenanting to ETERNITY with each other. I love ash and I've become pretty close with ethan too - I love'em both and am just so happy for them. When I walked outside after the sealing I was welcomed by an awful wind storm so pictures were extra fun that morning. 


Bridesmaids!!


Me and jess out to lunch once again and this time we tried a new food truck - by my face I think you can guess what we thought of this new place. Papa Chulos has our vote. 



Back to the ring ceremony and reception that evening! 
It was a long day, but a good day. 


Saturday I was back at the good ole VA. Happy birthday to me. Crystal brought me in a whole box of hot chips, cake and a balloon. She's my favorite. Other than that it was a VERY chill day. I had one patient and really didnt do much with him. Its crazy to think what has happened in the last year. This time last year I hadnt started working and now Im like a full blown nurse. I earned my bachelors degree in nursing. Honestly those are the big accomplishments but Ive also been able to start saving up my money, continue to travel and experience new things, Ive met new friends and as always learning so many new things. 23 has been good to me and gosh dang it I don't want to be 24, but whatevs so hopefully its a good one. 


Me leaving work super embarrassed with this balloon. That evening I met up with some guy friends and we went country swing dancing which was a blast. Definitely planning on making that a regular activity. And then I ended the night hanging with Jess and watching our trashy TV haha. Sunday morning was sleeping in and making biscuits and gravy with Jesse and Erin, Church and chillin'.



Now to currently - watching a chick flick, blogging and erin taking point five pics. Welp thats it. Growing up is inevitable - still not sure how I feel about it, but oh well. So yes, one year older and I would say a little wiser too. Cheers to 24!

Comments

Popular Posts